Fender Out Of Place

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 06:41 PM
Default Fender Out Of Place

Not sure if i am in correct spot to post, But i took my car to have the coil over shocks installed and didnt notice until i got home that my front fender on passenger side was out of place, moved out like 1/4 inch. worse on the bottom. Went back to shop where they put shocks on and denied any fault at all. sure wish i had looked on that side before i left, anyways everything feels tight when i try to push in, and when looking from bottom cant see anything out of place. anybody have any suggestions, 1999 camaro.

thunderkiss2012's Library | Photobucket

Last edited by tex_02; 01-06-2013 at 06:45 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:00 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

theres a bolt on the inside of the fender, you can see it when you open the door, check to see if that maybe whats tweaked.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:41 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

The garage jacked up your car wrong. The is a tab on the bottom of the fender if you look under the fender you the side with the issue your going to see it is bent or pushed up. compare it to the other side. It is real simple to do because the fender expends pass the support they are supose to use. It the lift are is just a little off ou end up with a tweaked fender.

I would take it back to the shop.
Name:  IMG_3929.jpg
Views: 661
Size:  128.8 KB

Last edited by Gorn; 01-06-2013 at 09:44 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Gorn
The garage jacked up your car wrong. The is a tab on the bottom of the fender if you look under the fender you the side with the issue your going to see it is bent or pushed up. compare it to the other side. It is real simple to do because the fender expends pass the support they are supose to use. It the lift are is just a little off ou end up with a tweaked fender.

I would take it back to the shop.
Yea i think you are correct, Problem is i took it back and they said they were not liable, Almost had the cops called on me i was so pissed, Dont have full coverage, Hoping i can do something to get it to look normal. it is pushed out rather than up, makes me feel better thinking i can get it back to normal.

Last edited by tex_02; 01-06-2013 at 10:14 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:30 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Remove those two bolts, straighten the metal mount bracket till the fender fits right again, re-install the bolts.
Won't take long, just a hassle you shouldn't have to deal with. Gonna be tough to prove the shop did it, even though you know they did.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Camaro 69
Remove those two bolts, straighten the metal mount bracket till the fender fits right again, re-install the bolts.
Won't take long, just a hassle you shouldn't have to deal with. Gonna be tough to prove the shop did it, even though you know they did.
Yes thanks for the advice, Going to try that tomorrow, Man next time this car goes on a lift and it isnt me doing it, soon as it is done ill make damn sure everything is in place. I have never had this problem on any other vehicle.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:53 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Since most everybody has an "it wasn't me" attitude, it's to the point where you practically have to have the shop owner document the condition of your car when you drop it off.
That's how you c.y.a. when you rent a car, point out and write down any nicks, dings, or flaws that are already there before you take it.

Old 01-06-2013, 11:09 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

when i worked at costco in the tire shop we documented everything, scratches, dents missing centercaps/hubcaps. id walk around the car and write it down, than the supervisor/manager would go around and double check. youd be surprised with the BS people accuse you of doing to there cars.

Old 01-06-2013, 11:17 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Yeah, that kind of goings on does go both ways.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:07 AM
3rd Gear Member

A lot of people are looking to get something for nothing.

Quick Reply: Fender Out Of Place