Father-Son Project

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 01:35 PM

More pics of him up in the engine. lol He is so funny doing this project lol.

Attached Thumbnails Father-Son Project-102_0173.jpg   Father-Son Project-102_0174.jpg   Father-Son Project-102_0175.jpg  
Old 05-16-2011, 03:56 PM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Massey
I am working on softening up the wife for a similar project. I have not yet decided which kid will be more interested in the car tho. My son loves hot wheels so does my daughter but when I am out working on the car my son could care less but my daughter is right there with me. I may have a father daughter project on my hands!!

Massey
if you have the passion for cars, then it bonds father/child if they do as well.

Many thought I was nuts to unleash my boy with a Z28. But, 2 years later and he's doing well. He babies the vehicle like I knew he would and yes, I know that he's roasted tires in parking lots but no tickets at all (knock wood). Also, dad used to ride bikes so all my kids were taught to have their heads on swivels and be on the lookout for any potential dangerous situation.

So enjoy the project and getting your child involved will make them appreciate the vehicle more than handing them keys to your car or giving them some old Taurus which they will beat.

Old 05-16-2011, 04:36 PM

My son was so excited about starting the project that we told his school that he wasn't feeling good, so the school called me to pick him up. About an hour after he got home he was all of the sudden better. LOL I knew that is what was going to happen.

Old 05-16-2011, 04:42 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by torque_is_good
So enjoy the project and getting your child involved will make them appreciate the vehicle more than handing them keys to your car or giving them some old Taurus which they will beat.
Exactly! My first car was a 98 Mercury Sable (re-badged Taurus) and it had to be one of the most miserable cars on the road. My parents got a great deal and purchased it for $300 from family friends but I wasn't at all thrilled about driving grandma's car, especially because my 2 closest friends owned a 90 300ZX and 95 Z28. As a vehicle, it couldn't have been any better. It was loaded and didn't have any problems, but it had to be one of the ugliest car I'd ever seen especially because the previous owner lacked depth perception so the car was covered in dents. My friends and I used to put the car in neutral and roll down hills with the engine off along with do countless front-wheel drive burnouts by revving up neutral and dropping it into drive.

Shenanigans are prone to happen in a POS like that... however, no stupid is allowed in my Camaro.

Old 05-17-2011, 11:51 AM
3rd Gear Member

LOL i thought i was the only one! my first car was an 88 taurus 650 miles, sat for 15 years though in the garage, but i couldnt agree more that crazy ideas multiply when you mix friends and a taurus!