faster

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 11:14 PM
Default faster

what all can i do to make my car faster, and i dont wanna hear anyone say just buy a z28 i like my car.

Old 03-04-2008, 11:17 PM
Overdrive Member
Default RE: faster

https://camaroforums.com/m_167225/tm.htm

That is a guide that Specter recently made and is stickied at the top of this section. The mods and order that he lists them in pertains to the general automobile, so read through it and decide what you want and have the budget for.

Old 03-04-2008, 11:17 PM
Ninja Administrator

We get asked this alot, I wish someone would write something and stiky it to help people solve this question... OH wait!

lemme know if u have any more questions

Old 03-04-2008, 11:19 PM
Ninja Administrator

95slvrZ28 with the quickdraw [&o]

thanks for plugging my writeup tho man. to the OP, if anything is unclear let me know and i can make changes to better help u

Old 03-04-2008, 11:27 PM

hey thanks that helped alot gives me a goodstart

Old 03-05-2008, 05:45 PM
1st Gear Member

its the same principles with all cars. first i/h/e

Old 03-05-2008, 08:23 PM
2nd Gear member

ORIGINAL: SpecterGT260

We get asked this alot, I wish someone would write something and stiky it to help people solve this question... OH wait!

lemme know if u have any more questions
Yes i do havve a question

Okkk soooooooooo

First things first, Y-pipe before headers is ok?

Well if you have an aftermarket cat-back installed, can you get the y-pipe put on after w/o removing the newly installed cat back? and then leave it connected to the stock exhaust manifold? for a generous amount of time until new headers are purchased?

Old 03-05-2008, 08:46 PM
Ninja Administrator

i thought i have covered that...... ill try to respond here, and look through again, if i didnt say basically this then let me know:

The catback is mostly for sound, but its listed first of the exhaust mods because its cheap, easy, and people like it (rumble rumble ROAR! you get the picture) however the ypipe is the most restrictive part of the exhaust. the ypipe/catback joint is where 99.9999999% of companies measure from (this, of course not true for true duals, intuitively, if they run under the axle they cant have the same dimensions as a stock catback).

so you can put in an aftermarket catback at any time, you can also put in an aftermarket ypipe at any time.

however, try to visualize the LT and shorty header setup. LT's go beneath the car, so the ypipe has to fit to THEM, not to stock. so if you want LT's dont waste ur money on a long style ypipe.

to answer ur question Ypipe before headers is RECOMMENDED, or at the same time is just as good. but headers before ypipe NEVAR! you could do it, and yes you would get some hp, but you wont really notice anythign until u get rid of that noodle lookin ypipe.

the headers dont connect tot he catback. the midpipe does just what its name says, its midway between the headers and catback. even stock you have a midpipe. the nature of boltons is you are only REPLACING a part, not ADDING. Basically the modding strategerie is to start far away from the engine and start replacing parts as you get closer.

Well if you have an aftermarket cat-back installed, can you get the y-pipe put on after w/o removing the newly installed cat back? and then leave it connected to the stock exhaust manifold? for a generous amount of time until new headers are purchased?
you can do this (ignore above.... im about to meet my roomie at the bar and have been pre gaming [&:] reading comp FTL) if you do it this way you HAVE to get shorty headers, because the ypipe will be mating up to the stock manifolds. its ok to do it this way, but it locks you into a certain pathway. if you want LT's you need to get the headers and ypipe at the same time. no real choice here.

again, if the writup didnt cover this let me know ill change it. if it did but it was overly confusing let me know and ill change it. if it did and now that ur thinking straight ([8D]) you see it, its cool, i expect some of these questions to be asked still, but just wanted the article to curb some of them

Old 03-05-2008, 09:04 PM
2nd Gear member

hmm what about midlength? would they fit with a normal aftermarket Y?

Old 03-05-2008, 09:32 PM
Overdrive Member

Did you read Spec's guide? He goes over midlenght. They're the goofy ones, sometimes they'll bolt up, sometimes they come with a different Y pipe, it depends on the manufacture.

Quick Reply: faster