Exterior lights wont turn off.

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 08:09 PM
Default Exterior lights wont turn off.

Ok, I have had one weird day with this car. My car (97 3.8) has been sitting for year now. Other then me occasionally starting it and letting it has had zero action. Yes, I know this is a bad idea, but I had my license takin for possesion of Marijuana. Anyways now onto the car.

I started the morning by taking the car to get a new tire on the one that went flat. On the way there I don't recall any running lights, but I did notice my front driver side turn signal wasn't working. So, when I got home I tried getting my signal to work only to find the other front signal wasn't working either. Both back were fine. When I turn on the running lights both front signal bulbs light up. I bought a new car battery a few days ago and read that it could be the problem. So, I took I disconnected it and then reconected it making it tighter. Well this made both front signals respond. My passenger side one worked again, and my driver side barely pulses (I think my wire may be in bad shape). I will check that out more tomorrow. I think I can fix it.

Now, here is my huge problem that has me completely lost. My lights all turn on now as soon as the car starts. I'm talking headlights,tailights turnsignal lights (stay lit don't flicker). Why? It doesnt seem to be running lights because A)the tailights are also on and B) the headlights are bright and do not get brighter by actually turning the headlights on. They are already on without the switch being on. . . . . . . So, it's the switch yes? . .NO when the car is shut off, but key is still in I turned my lights on and off. they work exactly as they sould.

Are these how the Running lights work in this car? or do I have a problem. What is it?

Old 09-13-2009, 08:30 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

any ses or security lights on. did u scann for trouble codes? could be an alarm system acting up or a relay. check and clean all battery connections like u said u were going to do also check and clean wires at the junction box. red box on the passenger side fenderwell.