Exhaust Cut Out LT1

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 07:10 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Exhaust Cut Out LT1

ya im probably gonna get an exhaust cut out for my 95 z28. i want my car to be louder and have some more horsepower. i was reading a cut out will reduce ur 1/4 mile times by .2 of a second. my main question was that do u have to worry about the carbon monoxide coming up into the car? thanks

My setup: 1995 z28 camaro K&N Cold Air Intake JET Air Foil and 2.5' Catback Flowmasters

Old 02-04-2008, 05:31 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: Exhaust Cut Out LT1

does no one like know anything about a cut out off of the I-pipe? cuz i see people that have them all the time

Old 02-04-2008, 05:42 PM
3rd Gear Member

well one..on the street there legal to have on ur car, but as soon as u open them up there illegal...also its not good to ride with them off, itll wear out the car, nd if you go by a cop with them open, expect to be pulled..there only good for track use, or if you do something that of course no body does because its just horrible is street race nd take them off before a race, but you wont have to worry bout that cause we all know street racing is bad nd we should do it, right kids

Old 02-04-2008, 07:07 PM
4th Gear Member

yea lol.

Old 02-04-2008, 10:17 PM
In the Staging Lanes

how would this wreck my car?

Old 02-05-2008, 08:08 AM
3rd Gear Member

driving around with your cut outs open puts alot stress on the headers after a while, atleast thats what ive heard, nd since its not being filtered or anything, just coming straight out, its not too good..there good to have, im gonna put some on the t/a, but just use them when you need them, not to drive around town so people can hear you 20 min. before you get there

Old 02-05-2008, 09:20 AM
Ninja Administrator

ORIGINAL: meteoralp45

well one..on the street there legal to have on ur car, but as soon as u open them up there illegal...also its not good to ride with them off, itll wear out the car, nd if you go by a cop with them open, expect to be pulled..there only good for track use, or if you do something that of course no body does because its just horrible is street race nd take them off before a race, but you wont have to worry bout that cause we all know street racing is bad nd we should do it, right kids
im callin u out! well line up on 1st street at midnight in 3 days. be ready to run!

Old 02-05-2008, 09:48 AM
3rd Gear Member

lol, ill be there

Old 02-05-2008, 01:43 PM
In the Staging Lanes

get the electronically controlled exhaust cutouts so u can open and close your exhaust from inside the car while driving. plus the good thing about having electronic ones is the is more options than just open or closed, you can have the plate move to 1/2 open, 1/4 open, and so on. plus if u have them open and see a cop up ahead, close them up.

Old 02-05-2008, 07:13 PM
Overdrive Member

ORIGINAL: meteoralp45

driving around with your cut outs open puts alot stress on the headers after a while, atleast thats what ive heard, nd since its not being filtered or anything, just coming straight out, its not too good..there good to have, im gonna put some on the t/a, but just use them when you need them, not to drive around town so people can hear you 20 min. before you get there
Running with the cutout open isn't going to hurt anything. Think about racecars, they don't have any mufflers, they just run open headers. Some people say you run the risk of warping/cracking exhaust valves if cold air rushes up the open exhaust, but it's probably not too big of an issue, especially if you're running the stock exhaust manifolds. I would really only worry about it if you're running a shortie header or mid-tubes and the cut-out is right at their end(which would be pretty dumb).

And H8er, do you have to post ***** so much in the tech threads? You can post up as much crap as you want in OT, but c'mon man!

Quick Reply: Exhaust Cut Out LT1