El Diego us sinco

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 12:25 AM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by timmyz28
I know the last time I went from a dead stop on the highway at the light (yes the one highway by me has a random stop light lol) I counted each gear. Went to 2nd at around 55-60, went to 3rd at around 85-90, and went to 4th at around 120 or so, all at WOT.

I have 3.23s so with 2.73s I I know 3-4 is like 135 ish.

Old 05-02-2011, 12:27 AM
2nd Gear member

I have 2.73s and I did it a like 120 or so. Maybe I mis-read the speedo or something but I'm pretty sure thats when it shifted 3-4 for me.

Old 05-02-2011, 12:30 AM
2nd Gear member

I read somewhere that 1-2 is 55, 2-3 is 95, and 3-4 is 135. I'm pretty sure. But hey, I read so much I can't remember it all!

Old 05-02-2011, 12:31 AM
2nd Gear member

Lol next time I take my car out, I'll go and see if I can do it again and let you know what I get. But in the mean time, I'm going to bed lol

Old 05-02-2011, 12:34 AM
2nd Gear member

Have fun. Don't wet the bed again sir.

Old 05-02-2011, 12:43 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Conner, I think we all understand that ur situation is lame...having a car thats been tied up sucks, but if its ur first car then its for the best bro. I spun my civic off twice and got lucky, ur car has more hp and rwd, both of which command more respect. Prove that u can handle driving normal and maybe ur dad will take it back off for you.

...Or go ask at another forum. I don't wanna be held responsible for your wreck.

Old 05-02-2011, 01:17 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Schuy69
Conner, I think we all understand that ur situation is lame...having a car thats been tied up sucks, but if its ur first car then its for the best bro. I spun my civic off twice and got lucky, ur car has more hp and rwd, both of which command more respect. Prove that u can handle driving normal and maybe ur dad will take it back off for you.

...Or go ask at another forum. I don't wanna be held responsible for your wreck.
I agree. Best way to get it off..earn your dads trust!

Old 05-02-2011, 06:25 AM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by MaVeN
Have fun. Don't wet the bed again sir.
Don't worry, I didn't do it this time

Old 05-02-2011, 08:26 AM
1st Gear Member

Connor, I really do believe that you should at least be happy that you have an amazing first car. You should take this car as your learning experience. Learn to work on the car, learn every thing about it. Once you are older, when your dad trusts you, you can take the speed limiter off. But if you are this set on taking it off and going 85, you need it. You have a lot of lee-way with 85 mph. Highway speed limit is 55. Average I go is 75. You still have 10 mph after that. You should be grateful for what you have. My first car? A chrysler cirrus. I drove it 2 weeks. After that my trans started going, brakes were messed up, and I couldn't pass emissions because the OBD computer plug was messed up. I lost about a grand on that car. 2nd car was a mercury mystique my dad picked out. I didn't get a camaro until I was about to turn 18, had my license about a year, and I had to STILL talk my dad into trusting me with a sports car.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:52 AM
Overdrive Member

Originally Posted by Connor15
I could do that too. Please thell me how to do it!!

Learn how to drive first. yea yea I know you already know... I call BS on that. After you can show you are responsible enough I imagine your dad will have it removed. Oh and if you are already b!tching about it being there I KNOW you are not responsible enough to have it removed.

I have been over 85 many times. Only a handful of them leagally. The ones that were not legal were stupid on my part and I am lucky to still be alive in a few of those cases. Today I dont get over 70 for much of anything. I DO know how to drive after 20+ years of driving, and a few of those years were behind the wheel of purpose built racecars that were driven on a racetrack. With all that under my belt I still dont go over 70... why? Because it is not safe, it is illegal, and I really dont want to give the state any of my hard earned $$$. I have better things to spend money on, Lawyers fees, bail, and tickets are not on my list of places to put my money. Once you learn this you will be OK..

Massey

Quick Reply: El Diego us sinco