Do you get "profiled" driving your Camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 01:47 AM
3rd Gear Member

I get profiled but not by cops, usually people who see my car and think im some spoiled punk kid who had daddy buy them a car. I bought my car and got it running before i even had a job at 15. Paid for it all myself and did all the work myself.

Old 09-11-2010, 01:56 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

the cops know me around here so they leave me alone. i drive by rev the motor and they flash the lights. lol. there driving magnums and i know they want to run em but dont want to get fired.

Old 09-11-2010, 02:47 AM
Overdrive Member

LOL I have not been profiled in my Sarah, she is a pewter metallic 3.8L with stock exhaust so she "blends" in pretty good. When I owned my 66 Mustang 6cyl I got pulled over a couple times because I looked too young to drive and once the cop had me in cuffs because a late model Mustang was the get-a-way car in a local robbery. The cop had early and late model mixed up and when I heard the call over the radio that there was another officer in persuit of a late model Mustang I went off on the cop that had me in cuffs.
My next car was a 66 Mustang GT Vintage Burgandy, 289 and a 4sp. The car was not fast but it was quick, pulled 13.6 in the 1/4 on my second run ever. Not bad I thought. Lost my 3rd run from a missed shift to a 70's Camaro LOL. I got pulled over in that car all the time and usually I was asked if I restored the car myself or did I buy it like that. Yea they always hit me with a bogus pull over like I needed mud flaps since my qtr was higher than my wheel centerline. BS like that.

I do get messed with in my Wife's Diamond since she is all black, dark tint and a nice sounding exhaust. I have not been pulled over but I have been followed for no reason for miles. Even driving in a circle they were still behind me.

Massey

Old 09-11-2010, 06:53 AM
In the Staging Lanes

I'm 19 with a bright red z/28 with a big hood scoop, headers and a loud exhaust. Of course i get tailed like crazy! *sigh* no tickets in 2 years though! *knock on wood*

Old 09-11-2010, 07:47 AM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by Camaro 69
Just like Gorn, I "blend".
Do you find you blend with the hood or without

Old 09-11-2010, 11:56 AM
GTO Killer
LimeKnight

always profiled, and once in while i deserve it, but i used to get followed constantly, now my stories kinda like crabs except they will pull me over and say " haha now your late for work" ****s, but if i go out of my city then im screwed, its jus that way because we sell the whole police department their phones for dirt so theyre cool to us

Old 09-11-2010, 12:35 PM
ROTM Director
Ride of the Month Director

the cops up here are super lax. the city i live in is one of the specialty car capitals of canada, as well as being the most vehicle dependent municipality in the country. i have passed cops doing 80Km in a 50Km zone, and they don't do anything. i was tailed once in my 1980 firebird. spray bombed black, no exhaust, the cop hung on my tail for five minutes, so close i couldn't see his headlights, finally i got so pissed off with driving like that, i whipped over to the side and rolled the window down. as soon i did that, he took off.

Old 09-11-2010, 12:39 PM
1st Gear Member

Constantly being followed. Always drive with the front windows down and for good reason, tint is way to dark. Also there is always someone trying to race me. Smoking the tires trying to get me to race them. But ain't do it cause I got my children in the car with me.

Old 09-11-2010, 01:03 PM
November 2010 ROTM
October 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

In my car, suprisingly no. Which makes no sense. Red with black stripes, dual chrome z/28 tips, and corvette wheels. My friend has a purple mustang with huge magnaflow tips and hes been pulled over many times, and me never

Old 09-11-2010, 11:46 PM
1st Gear Member

the cops love both of me and my fiance's camaros, and they know us, so were good

Quick Reply: Do you get "profiled" driving your Camaro?