Custom TailPipe

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 08:22 AM
Default Custom TailPipe

I see people with the Chevy symbol shaped tailpipe ALL the time....what I would like it a Batman symbol shaped one.....where would be the best place to have that fabricated? I am located in the Little Rock, AR area. If there is any local places anybody know's about awesome...but any online sites that could do it, will also work just as well.
Thank in advance.

Old 07-16-2012, 05:20 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

When they make the Chevy symbol that is a Die set they use to stamp out the form. Someone spent about 15K in tooling in hopes of selling 1000's of them and they have. To make something custom like you want you would have to do a layout one paper to scale then cut up steel like a jig saw puzzel and weld it all together. So your going to need someone with the skill of making custom headers combind with the skill of an artist. I would expect it would take 10-15 hours plus chrome. IF you could find someone that could do it expect to pay about $1500-2000 for a pair. If that does not scare you then make a to scale sketch of what you want and pick up your yellow pages and look for sheet metal fabricators. From there just give them a call. Some of the placed may welcome a walk in, some may want nothing to do with you unless you have to scaled "blue" prints of what you want.

Last edited by Gorn; 07-16-2012 at 05:25 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Gorn
When they make the Chevy symbol that is a Die set they use to stamp out the form. Someone spent about 15K in tooling in hopes of selling 1000's of them and they have. To make something custom like you want you would have to do a layout one paper to scale then cut up steel like a jig saw puzzel and weld it all together. So your going to need someone with the skill of making custom headers combind with the skill of an artist. I would expect it would take 10-15 hours plus chrome. IF you could find someone that could do it expect to pay about $1500-2000 for a pair. If that does not scare you then make a to scale sketch of what you want and pick up your yellow pages and look for sheet metal fabricators. From there just give them a call. Some of the placed may welcome a walk in, some may want nothing to do with you unless you have to scaled "blue" prints of what you want.
I was hoping maybe somebody had made one before and there was site that sold them....I mean it's Batman, pretty slick idea (can't be the FIRST person to think of it, can I?)

Old 07-17-2012, 09:22 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by CyberMonkey
I was hoping maybe somebody had made one before and there was site that sold them....I mean it's Batman, pretty slick idea (can't be the FIRST person to think of it, can I?)
I am sure other people have thought about it but convincing someone to layout the money to buy the custom tooling needed to produce what you want is another story. If I had to make of list of custom tail pipe designs I think would sell the Batman one would not make the top 20. Car related designs like the Buick or Mustang logos outline would sell much better and have a life long after the Batman movies are not HOT.