Coolant Leak

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 01:14 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

add to above one or more soft plugs could be goin bad. there are two on each side of the block.

Old 04-21-2012, 09:13 PM
Tech Droid

Here you guys go again, asking someone to look under the car. lol

Old 04-22-2012, 12:19 AM

Dear All, thank you so much for all your feedback,i really appreciate it, i figured out the leak spot, and i got it fixed, it was a tube coming below the PCV, am not sure what is the name, the thing is that after fixing the leaky tube, when i tried to switch on the car, it was stalling roughly and black smoke was coming from the exhaust, i left it for like one hour and tried again it was working fine, but i felt a little hesitation while the engine is running and idle, any advise what this could be, is it some kind of wet sensor as i poured lot of water at first to figure out where is the leaky spot.

Old 04-22-2012, 04:40 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

the opti does not like being wet. sounds like it may be thinking about goin bad.

Old 04-22-2012, 05:13 AM

Craby i really admire you and your knowledge, is there a way to check the opti or how should i know if it needs to be replaced or not....and if so, is it a DIY i mean is it easy or shall i take it to a mechanic, by the way my leak was in the heater outlet tube.

and second thing its very scary for me after this experience to drive the car without the temp gauge working, i dont know if there is any connection or its just a coincidence, but anyway its not working at all, and i need to get it back working to know if i had any other issues with over heating or not anymore.

Old 04-22-2012, 06:24 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

temp gage sensor is on the driver side head, below and between (sorta) the number one and three cylinder spark plugs. you can test the sensor output with a ohm meter to see if its putting out any info. is the temp gage at 0 or max or ??? there are some tests you can do on the opti but are mostly to confirm the opti is bad. have seen opti show working but it was the problem, i think it was intermitant. so how old is the opti? spark plugs? plug wires? coil?
test temp sensors figure the temp it should see test ohms between two connectors on sensor and compare with the list here. look at number 20 4th Gen LT1 F-Body Tech Aids tests for the opti are in number 28 and in the how to and faq sticky under lt1 will turn over but not start. number 2 here https://camaroforums.com/forum/93-02...62/#post557634 and while your there look at number 1 and make sure you have allll the air outa the cooling system.

Old 04-22-2012, 06:54 AM

opti and spark plugs are pretty old, i think am gonna go through replacing the whole thing opti, spark plugs, plug wires and coil, and will see
Regarding the temp gage its always at 0, not matter the engine is on or off which freaks me out, as i dont know whats happening in there.
I cant compromise or lose my baby, i worked on this car like i never did and i adore it

Old 04-22-2012, 03:29 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Have you pressure tested the car the cooling system? You really want to be sure you did not cause another issue. It would really suck to find out you have a blown headgasket after you dump almost grand into the ignition system.

Old 04-23-2012, 12:22 AM

hello gents actually am little lost here, and with all the respect for you but here in Dubai the mechanics really sucks, let me tell you everything that's happening with me so i may get a proper advise,

After fixing the water leak i couldnt see any visual leak so far, temp on my Gage is above the zero a bit and never reached to the half, but yesterday i had an issue, after dragging with one guy who had a nissan 350z nissmo edition, and after making him know who is the street master , car was running like a beast during the drag,i was amazed by the performance as i didnt expect it would perform this way specially after this over heating issue, any way to make it short, on the way back, i had to stop by a signal light, i noticed the idle is rough and the rpm is very low, even the rpm needle was like shaking slightly up and down......but as soon as i press the acceleration it will be ok, this issue happens only on the idle seems like the engine is hesitating and i can feel a little shake, and the big surprise was when i reached home, i parked the car, then tried to fix the MAF as i thought it could be, but when i tried to switch on the engine again, it was cranking but wont start.

left it for like 15 minutes then tried again, it started but during the initial start i noticed a small amount of black smoke coming from the exhaust,then as soon as the engine runs that smoke will disappear, it shows only as soon as the engine starts initially,but then no more. Guys i came to know that this issue happens only when i press hard on the car.but if am going normally as soon as i switch it off then back on again it would start directly,only when i race or something if i switched it off then back on, it wont start so i have to leave it for a while to be able to get it back on again......

am sorry for this long story.......but really i dont know what this could be and what can i do

Old 04-23-2012, 06:39 AM

DEars, in addition to the above i just found out that my CTS plug(On the front end of the water pump) was broken and torn out, can it be or does it has anything to do with what am facing right now

Quick Reply: Coolant Leak