convertable or hard top

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 11:08 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: convertable or hard top

yeah im a sophmore in high school. i can proudly say my first car is an lt1 camaro. but go with the t tops. he will love him and so willl all the girls

Old 03-14-2008, 12:44 PM
4th Gear Member

mine was a 98 V6 mustang [&o]... but all the guys drive audis bmws and stuff like that here... if cars did matter i still wouldnt get the time of day... so i just go to my 3 classes a day talk to people here and there but other than that i dont spend alot of time worrying about popularity since ive got my whole life to make friends.

Old 03-14-2008, 11:31 PM
2nd Gear member

I love my vert, I'm a junior in high school.
You will get waaaay more attention with the top all the way down.
Hell, I drive with it down if its a bit nippy, it gets me a few races.
But I will get t-tops when I grab an LS1.

Old 03-15-2008, 09:25 AM
ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club

back to the main point of your question. what would be best for a kid your age is whatever the hell trips your trigger. both of them would be fine for a kid in school(just don't make anyone mad or they might cut into that top!). if ya like convertibles, then get one. if ya don't, then get a t-top. if the windows work and the doors lock then its all about what you like. as you can see, many of us have different opinions. love my car to death but its somethign i get out for fun on weekends so convertible for me. i like the ttops as well, just wasn't what i was REALLY looking for

Old 03-15-2008, 09:58 AM
2nd Gear member

"Normal" roof > ttops > convertible.

In my horribly biased opinion, I don't like ANY car to be a convertible. None.

Old 03-17-2008, 10:47 AM
2nd Gear member

i dont really like convertibles. but i think t tops are the best way to go, cause they are kinda like a compromise. t tops and targas ftw.

Old 03-19-2008, 08:53 AM
1st Gear Member

I would go with t-tops myself. I really don't like the look of convertibles remind me of convertible cavaliers to be honest, and who wants that. But to be perfectly honest just having a Camaro is gonna help your game quite alot whether it is convertible, hardtop, t-top, whatever. I am a senior in high school but can't give a great example of how the girls will like it since I have been with the same girl since before I had the car but I have been asked for a ****load of rides in it. Girls may call a convertible cute though, which in the end may hurt you. BUT either way it is still a Camaro so you will be in good shape.

Old 03-19-2008, 05:55 PM
In the Staging Lanes

im kinda just jumping in this thread but i would choose a convertable not just because my z is. but because i like the way the back of the car looks without that long back glass and the hatch. i like the looke of a trunk car.

Old 03-19-2008, 06:03 PM
Overdrive Member

i never understood why people thought convertibles are cool ?

Old 03-19-2008, 06:06 PM
In the Staging Lanes

well its not just the fact of being able to drop the top when ever you want but it changes the looks of the car. it just depends on what you think looks better i guess.

Quick Reply: convertable or hard top