Considering a Camaro ss

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 12:00 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Considering a Camaro ss

Yeah if you want a V8 dont worry about gas.. Its not like its 10 miles to the gallon or anything.. And going toward your question about the 350z, they are so much more show than go, my stock SS can and has beaten Stock and Slightly modded 350Zs (CAI, Headers, Full-Exhaust)from a dig and a 30 roll, you will take them everytime

Old 06-12-2007, 09:57 AM

now, a new mustang gt and a 350Z is a good fight....and everyone knows howall the SS vs. GT stories end!!

Old 06-24-2007, 01:22 AM

i have a 00 ss 400+ hp slp car, ill sell u for 10 grand

Old 06-24-2007, 01:53 AM
3rd Gear Member

Big_Bird_1985 made an excellent point about getting a loan. If you are going to get an SS try to get the lowest priced, clean title, lowest mileage, and closest to stock. Usually if someone does performance mods to it you can bet that they probably raced it. However if you get one that meets most of the criteria that I listed you will be getting a good car whose chances of being raced in are less than a modified one. Most importantly you won't be paying interest on all those aftermarket parts throughthe loan that you used to get the car. Besides you can buy all the mods after you get the car. Not only is this waycheaper, but you will be personalizing your own car, rather than having the pervious owner having done that for you. As for reliability with the LS1, its only as good as you treat it. Our C5 has a little over 100k mi and we will be able to get another 100k mi and then some so long as nothing out of the ordianry happens. Gas mileage with this vehicle shouldn't prevent you from getting it. As with the C5 we have I mentioned earlier it is also used as a commuter vehicle occassionally. Whats the use of having a nice car if you never drive it? If you're worried about MPG then get a commuter beater, but still get the SS. Good luck with your search.