Cherrybomb or flowmaster.

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 09:30 PM
2nd Gear member
Default Cherrybomb or flowmaster.

I have a 1994 chevy camaro v6 3.4L car. I am wondering what would sound best on my car a cherry bomb or a flowmaster. Obviously flowmaster will cost more. My budget Is about 150 dollars. I am kinda looking for a glass pack sound but not necessarily only a glass pack I like the general loud powerfull sounding car. On the cherry bomb website I am confused as to what I would need to get like a muffler or a tip or a glasspack or the other things that are there. When I click on glasspack there are different sizes of things along with different looks which would produce different sounds but I dont know which one would be best. What I am looking for Is something that can be Installed on my car but cant find out what I need or what will work with my car. Well on the flowmaster website I clicked on mufflers then I cant decide If I need a 40 series delta or a 80 series crossflow but on the 80 series It says that Its for dual exhaust but I only have single exhaust In my car. My car Is a v6 which will make a difference on which one that I need. I guess I am confused on boths sites as to what I need to get or what will sound the best on my car. But also what will work with my car. I wont want anything that will sound like a ricer I want a powerfull glasspack like sound for the car. Well could you give me links to stuff that will work with my car along with what sounds best. Thanks for advice. Thanks for helping me with this thing.

Old 07-31-2011, 09:32 PM
2nd Gear member

I would save up for a catback system. Like a magnaflow

Old 07-31-2011, 10:10 PM
2nd Gear member

For being a 3.4 and I'm assuming stock, it will be very hard for a true muscle car powerful sound. I've heard V6 guys say that a stock Z28 muffler sounds best, but I'm not sure if they are talking about the 3.4 or 3.8.

Old 08-01-2011, 01:30 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by MaVeN
I would save up for a catback system. Like a magnaflow
Could you get me a link to a magnaflow that would work with my car.

Old 08-01-2011, 01:31 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by timmyz28
For being a 3.4 and I'm assuming stock, it will be very hard for a true muscle car powerful sound. I've heard V6 guys say that a stock Z28 muffler sounds best, but I'm not sure if they are talking about the 3.4 or 3.8.
Well It wont have to sound like a true straight up muscle car. I Just want a nice sound to It. Like a loud muscle type. If that make sense.

Old 08-01-2011, 07:45 PM
Overdrive Member

OK My friend has a 3.4L camaro and when the car came home it had a Flowmaster 40 on it and that sounded like a raspy trash can. He now has a stock Z28 muffler and dual tips on the car and it sounds so much better and the rasp is almost totally gone. My vote would be forget the CB they sound cheap and ghetto and also dont waste the $$ on the FM, just get an OEM grade muff and some tips and call it a day. My local shops around here will do it all parts and labor for about $250.

Massey

Old 08-01-2011, 07:51 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by Massey
OK My friend has a 3.4L camaro and when the car came home it had a Flowmaster 40 on it and that sounded like a raspy trash can. He now has a stock Z28 muffler and dual tips on the car and it sounds so much better and the rasp is almost totally gone. My vote would be forget the CB they sound cheap and ghetto and also dont waste the $$ on the FM, just get an OEM grade muff and some tips and call it a day. My local shops around here will do it all parts and labor for about $250.

Massey
Are you saying I should get a stock z28 exhaust for this car. Or get a new muffler. I am confused on what your saying. Links would be nice.

Old 08-01-2011, 08:16 PM
2nd Gear member

The stock Z28 exhaust sounds the best on the 3.4. It's what I have on mine. I tried flowmaster, and I tried a Cherry Bomb, while at idle they sound nice, when you're under a load or revving, people will mistake you for a civic with a fart cannon. If you want a loud muscle car sound, you're gonna have to run true duals, or get a v8.

Old 08-01-2011, 08:20 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by Mikey.
The stock Z28 exhaust sounds the best on the 3.4. It's what I have on mine. I tried flowmaster, and I tried a Cherry Bomb, while at idle they sound nice, when you're under a load or revving, people will mistake you for a civic with a fart cannon. If you want a loud muscle car sound, you're gonna have to run true duals, or get a v8.
Are you talking about getting only the z28 muffler or the whole exhaust setup. How would I convert to duals when I only have a single. This all seems really confusing. If you have more Information that would be nice.

Old 08-01-2011, 08:48 PM
March 2011 ROTM
Technical User
ROTM Winner's Club

it is a 3.8 so the sound will be slightly different. at this time, it was just a magnaflow muffler. the v6 kit is really expensive and shaped differently. just used a v8 muffler and a set of tail pipes laying around. ‪Sofie's exhaust‬‏ - YouTube
converting to dual tips is as simple as getting a muffler with dual outlets and getting the tail pipes. you can source the tail pipes from a salvage yard and get the hangers as well. her's has the orginal tail pipe still on the driver's side, and a recycled one on the passenger side

Quick Reply: Cherrybomb or flowmaster.