car paint need ideas

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 04:23 PM
1st Gear Member
Lightbulb car paint need ideas

so im getting my 94 z28 painted within the month idk wat to get i have some things but if u have seen some cool stuff let me know and if u got pics that would be cool o and i will not copy anyones stuff i will change things to make it to what i like

Old 03-04-2011, 06:25 PM
2nd Gear member

i always thought paint similar to what i did with mine looks best on these cars

same pretty much as the 30th anniversary ss but red/black

idk

Old 03-04-2011, 06:33 PM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Is it getting repainted the same color? Who's painting it? How much is your budget? Why is it getting repainted anyway? It kinda depends how much you have to spend as to how custom you can get with the design.

Old 03-04-2011, 08:17 PM
2nd Gear member

black makes ANY car instantly look better... but the whole murdered out thing is getting played out... white always looks nice, but good luck trying to keep it clean..

deep red with flakes looks good.. hell even a black with sparkle flakes looks amazin.. i know a kid with a celica he painted black sparkle with some graphics above the rear wheel wells and it looks amazing.. ill see if i can find a photo or two

Old 03-04-2011, 08:25 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

i really like the hugger orange when i get my next camaro im getting it painted that color

Old 03-04-2011, 08:26 PM
3rd Gear Member

Flat black!

Old 03-04-2011, 08:52 PM
1st Gear Member

ok i have no budget my dad is a painter and has been doing it all his life i did a two tone on my last camaro and i think it was a head turner its getting a new color i was thinking dark gun metal gray with black top with some kind of black stripes black out all the lights and black out the back part next to the taillights and the wheelsto until i get new ones i did want to do the orange cuz whe have it already cuz we have a 1934 ford coupe thats getting painted orange but idk.. the flat black i would so do that kuz im all about the flat black but i think i want to do another two tone with black and a dark blue kuz of the head lights have blue rings so idk i have about a month till i start to do any work to it

so its
1.flack black
2.a two tone
3.2010 zr1 gray with all black stuff
4.orange
5.red with black stuff
6.other

lets get a vote going

Old 03-04-2011, 09:01 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MelloYello
black makes ANY car instantly look better... but the whole murdered out thing is getting played out... white always looks nice, but good luck trying to keep it clean..

deep red with flakes looks good.. hell even a black with sparkle flakes looks amazin.. i know a kid with a celica he painted black sparkle with some graphics above the rear wheel wells and it looks amazing.. ill see if i can find a photo or two
ya black is nice and white looks good that was the two tone on my last car and i hate the white have to wash it all the time it sucks and with the flake i will never flake my car i will get so much shlt for that here i will never heir the end of it

Old 03-04-2011, 09:19 PM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Sorry but flat black is gross looking. That's a last, cheap resort for really crappy paint or ricers in crappy Hondas. If anything, satin black looks much better, more sophisticated. But that's just my opinion. I like the gun metal idea, the zr1 replica kind of paint. Camaros don't look good with extravagant paint jobs. The cars look good the way they are for the most part, don't mess with that too much.

Old 03-04-2011, 09:22 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

Originally Posted by DarlingReject
Sorry but flat black is gross looking. That's a last, cheap resort for really crappy paint or ricers in crappy Hondas.
i agree flat is cheep

you should start another thread with a poll that way we can vote for ya but no matter what we say its all up to you my friend

Quick Reply: car paint need ideas