Car Audio Help! major buzzing

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 12:14 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Car Audio Help! major buzzing

so i just installed a 12" Kicker CompVr and a Pioneer 760 watt amp. and i have buzzing coming thru the sub i believe it is because of ground loop where should i have my amp grounded?

any other ideas as to what the buzzing could be

the buzzing revs up with the engine and its there all the time doesnt get louder when i turn the volume up its just constant only changes when i rev the engine

Old 10-22-2010, 09:04 AM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

where do you have it grounded now??? the best place would be to pull the carpet back and sand the paint off the floor drill a hole and nut and bolt the ground there id also recommend a locking washer CVRs are very powerful subs you dont want that rattling loose (i used to install sound systems professionally so if you have anymore questions you can pm me if you want)

Old 10-22-2010, 11:42 AM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Where do you have your power coming from for your amp? Is the remote wire coming from the headunit? What kind of head unit are you using? What gauge wire are you using for your power/ground?

Old 10-22-2010, 11:55 AM
Overdrive Member

Another thing is sometimes you can get some audio interference from bad plug wires with poor or degraded EMI shielding...

Old 10-22-2010, 01:20 PM
1st Gear Member

Check your grounds...unplug your RCA's and see if the noise still comes thru. Did you run your power wire next to your RCA's?

Old 10-23-2010, 01:11 AM
3rd Gear Member

Before you try anything else try it without the rcas to the amp. If so do you by chance have a pioneer deck

Old 10-24-2010, 01:57 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I have heard this issue before with the sound getting louder with acceleration, make sure that your power lines arent running across any major power lines that are already installed in the car. The power lines to the amp and for the car each exert an electric and magnetic field. you must keep them apart and make sure they are far away from each other.

Old 10-24-2010, 04:56 PM
1st Gear Member

ok i have the power running from the battery under the computer thru that little grommet under the carpet on the pass side back to the trunk RCA's and remote on driver side. im grounded above the spare there is a hole in the metal i just put a bolt thru it and a nut on the back side i cant figure this out i moved my power over a bit under the hood to keep it away from the engine and it helped a little still got buzzing and still got engine sound coming thru when volume on 0

Old 10-24-2010, 05:56 PM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

I'm thinking your biggest problem right now is the ground, that's doesn't sound like a very good point. What size wire are you using? Is you power wire connect to the same terminal on the battery as the alternator wire? That would be your problem is so.

Old 10-25-2010, 09:48 PM
1st Gear Member

Yeah i think im gonna ground it on the bolt for the seatbelt thing im using a wire kit that says its 4 gauge but it seems a smaller than that to me

Originally Posted by greenarrow
Is you power wire connect to the same terminal on the battery as the alternator wire? That would be your problem is so.
^^where should i connect my power?

Quick Reply: Car Audio Help! major buzzing