Can this increase horsepower?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 11:22 PM
Default Can this increase horsepower?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Elect...spagenameZWDVW

I have a 98 camaro z28. Will this increase hp? Is it safe?

Old 10-15-2007, 11:29 PM
4th Gear Member
Default RE: Can this increase horsepower?

It is not safe at all...it will give you soooooo much horsepower your rearend might snap in half

Old 10-16-2007, 12:05 AM
1st Gear Member

so then why do they sell that i mean looking at that makes me wanna get it and i am now considering getting it but why is it not safe?

Old 10-16-2007, 12:24 AM
3rd Gear Member

I am a proud owner of a pocket fisherman so I cant be aunbiased judge on this one.

Old 10-16-2007, 12:28 AM
1st Gear Member

i can't c how it would hurt ur car but at the same time it seems more like a gimmick more then anything and a waste of money, but then again there is always a chance it is the real thing at least they don't want 500+bucks for it so mayb its worth it....

Old 10-16-2007, 01:17 AM
2nd Gear member

save your money and get a hamster on a wheel...... connect it to your rear end and put some cheese in front of him, ya might gain more HP lolol, but seriously i wouldnt bother with it man, save ur money and in a yeaer you can get a real SuperCharger

Old 10-16-2007, 01:18 AM
Ninja Administrator

something like this could possibly maybe feasibly increase hp on something like a metro or very small restrictive motor. However, something like an ls1 will pull more air through it NAthan that tiny fan can deliver. There is a reason manufacturers use the motor to spin power adders. a small electric motor like that is just not powerful enough to push the air fast enough to make anymore hp. you will at best just be pushing poorly flowing hot air in at a slower than NA pace, losing power. Dont do it. Totally not worth it.

i did see one video once though of a guy using a leaf blower to add power to a car, but those things push much harder than that little fan will.

Old 10-16-2007, 01:19 AM
Ninja Administrator

also, if u check out his rating, the only people who say "works great" bought the honda version. and there are several people who retracted positive feedback.... something i have never seen before...... musta left pos when they got it only to realize it was crap later

Old 10-16-2007, 10:52 AM
In the Staging Lanes

don't get it. it full of crap. as soon you hit the high rpm. the charger will break and the broken parts is going to end up what you don't want to end up in you motor. it's a nightmare waiting to happen!

Old 10-16-2007, 12:25 PM
4th Gear Member

wouldnt get it. although, there is one brand that makes a electric supercharger, and people claims it works, but it's 900 bucks, saw it at local speed shop actually.. they claim it adds 90HP for up to 4.6Liters (horse decreased after that), when you turn it on, but it cant be turned on all but once a hour, and only for 3seconds... was kinda cool actually, but eh, idk. it said something about draining your whole battery in those 3seconds, and you cant use again till alt charges batt(hour or so). thats like 100,000 Amps at least in 3seconds. so i could actually see it working. but seemed tacky too.

Quick Reply: Can this increase horsepower?