Are camaros safe? i need some facts

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 10:12 AM

Winter driving has never really bothered me, but remember it's not just you on the road. No matter how good a driver you are there are still other people out there. Spend as much time watching out for them as you do practicing your own skills. One of the best ways to be safe is to aviod those that aren't.

Everyone makes mistakes. The difference between safe and unsafe drivers is that when a safe driver makes one he/she learns from it and when the unsafe one makes a mistake they brag about how they fixed it and everything was ok.

Being safe isn't a matter of getting away with doing dangerous things, but rather avoiding doing those things in the first place.

Just my humble opinion.

Van

Old 09-15-2009, 11:00 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Vanyel
Winter driving has never really bothered me, but remember it's not just you on the road. No matter how good a driver you are there are still other people out there. Spend as much time watching out for them as you do practicing your own skills. One of the best ways to be safe is to aviod those that aren't.

Everyone makes mistakes. The difference between safe and unsafe drivers is that when a safe driver makes one he/she learns from it and when the unsafe one makes a mistake they brag about how they fixed it and everything was ok.

Being safe isn't a matter of getting away with doing dangerous things, but rather avoiding doing those things in the first place.

Just my humble opinion.

Van

This, seriously, most true words I have heard today.

Old 09-15-2009, 11:17 AM
1st Gear Member

dude evilkal...sounds like you've had your share of fun drives and i would agree with the general consensus that camaros are a great first car if its the v6 and they are also crap in the winter which is why i picked up a pos 4WD GMC Jimmy for 800 bucks to drive in the winter

Old 09-15-2009, 01:18 PM
4th Gear Member

Yeah I practiced a lot when I got my license cuz I had to learn in winter. Kentucky winters are not friendly. And it's all hills here so it's a pain. Plus I dirt-track race so that helps. It's all about being calm and in control.

Old 09-15-2009, 03:32 PM
2nd Gear member

aahh men. I love how everyone bands together when it comes to creating another camaro enthusiast. Not another car like them in the world.

Old 09-15-2009, 06:03 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Yes, they are. TRUST ME

I just got into an "accident" ,if you can call it that. I drifted and crashed into a tree with my front right side. I need work on the whole right side of the front end that's going to add up to $3,000 or more with paint and suspension. Anyway, I can surely tell you, being in a crash in one of these machines, that at 60 miles per hour and crashing into a little tree, none of my 3 passengers got hurt. The airbags went off on time, the seatbelts locked up. I was pretty surprised the car withstood so much damage without wrapping around the tree! I'll add pics for your viewing pleasure

Attached Thumbnails Are camaros safe? i need some facts-crash1.jpg   Are camaros safe? i need some facts-crash2.jpg