Camaro ticking sound

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 08:28 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

I suggested exhaust leak before hearing the video. But after hearing the video, yeah it sure didn't sound like exhaust, sounded more like a whack.
Possibly the quality of the sound? Oh well, at least you got it taken care of.

Old 01-04-2013, 09:40 AM
1st Gear Member

Doesn't sound like exhaust to me either, but again, it could be the video...

Old 01-04-2013, 08:53 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

i have an exhaust leak in the truck that sounds the same but it is louder when cold.

Old 01-05-2013, 02:34 AM
1st Gear Member

I have had cracked manifolds on a truck/suv, leaking exhaust gaskets on another, and currently leaking exhaust on the c1500 where the pips bolts to together. None of which sound like this, even when recorded. So I still cant bring myself to accept this is a exhaust leak, maybe its just me.

I guess its possible with a camaro, how they sound anyhow at idle(the stock lt1 anyhow).

Old 01-05-2013, 08:28 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

its leaking at the manifold to head. one bolt is broke and havent changed it. its a dock truck. header on the camaro was leaking and i went so far as to adjust the lifters trying to find it and did find it while i was doing the lifters.

Old 01-07-2013, 04:35 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by craby
its leaking at the manifold to head. one bolt is broke and havent changed it. its a dock truck. header on the camaro was leaking and i went so far as to adjust the lifters trying to find it and did find it while i was doing the lifters.

Learn something new everyday i guess.

Old 01-08-2013, 12:44 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Just wondering is it ok to drive it as is or should I try and get that fixed ASAP? Thanks

Old 01-08-2013, 01:43 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

its not good, lol, i been drivin by truck for three years like that. its hard on the 02 sensors.

with my lt1 it caused it to run richer than normal.

Old 01-18-2013, 08:22 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Alright just out of curiosity the car is still making the sound, but could it have anything as to deal with the torque converter? i have read some other forumns and they said they might have had something like that be the problem... help is greatful thanks

Old 01-18-2013, 09:41 PM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by PatrickM
Alright just out of curiosity the car is still making the sound, but could it have anything as to deal with the torque converter? i have read some other forumns and they said they might have had something like that be the problem... help is greatful thanks
Disclaimer, TIG is going to post one of his posts where he points out the obvious but uses humor

Please move your computer a little closer to the WiFi router so I can hear it better. I can't quite tell the sound from your posts and moving it closer might help

my take away right now is that working on vehicles (beyond oil changes) is new territory for you. You have been given suggestions based solely on your descriptions. Have you checked any of those things or PAID someone to do it?

I found some of my hair on the shower floor today. I read that chemotherapy causes you to lose your hair therefor I must be undergoing chemotherapy

why would you now be jumping to a TC when you haven't checked anything?

Please take it to a professional. It will be worth it for you to get their evaluation

Quick Reply: Camaro ticking sound