36.36%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

black rims

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 12:04 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by WIspartan1026
Better than black salad shooters lol.
A little off topic, but I keep seeing this term used on here (salad shooters). Can someone please explain to me what this means? In all my world travels, I've never heard this term used before. I'm pretty sure it's referring to the stock 4th gen rims, but I can't figure out why people call them that and it's bugging me.

Old 03-26-2010, 12:13 AM
2nd Gear member

thetal1, have you seen MusicMan's ride? he's got about the same color as you, minus the stripes. what do you think of his rims?
yeah i have seen them and thats how i got the idea of the American racing wheels. But i cant copy him cuz my plans are to get stripes also (but flat black)

Originally Posted by wiskow
A little off topic, but I keep seeing this term used on here (salad shooters). Can someone please explain to me what this means? In all my world travels, I've never heard this term used before. I'm pretty sure it's referring to the stock 4th gen rims, but I can't figure out why people call them that and it's bugging me.
i never head of it till now but im guessing its referring to the stock camaro rims. (like the ones on my car now)

Old 03-26-2010, 10:30 AM
May 2013 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

yeah, these are salad shooters:

and if you're doing black stripes, I definitely vote for darker rims.

Old 03-26-2010, 10:40 AM
In the Staging Lanes

yeah, these are salad shooters:
I guess my question was misunderstood. I already said that I was pretty sure that the term "salad shooters" referred to the 4th gen stock rims. What I want to know is why are they referred to as "salad shooters". What the heck is a salad shooter? I've never seen a device used to shoot salad, and I'm not even sure why someone would want to shoot salad.

Old 03-26-2010, 11:12 AM
2nd Gear member

cause of the cutter style shape.looks like the blade in a salad shooter.chops veggies

Old 03-26-2010, 03:09 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by dc14u2no
cause of the cutter style shape.looks like the blade in a salad shooter.chops veggies
Oh... like a food processor? I've never heard a food processor called a salad shooter... Oh well, I guess it'll just be one of those lifelong mysteries... Kind of like why do people say "if and when" when it's impossible to have both? Should be "if OR when".

Old 03-29-2010, 07:33 PM
In the Staging Lanes

OK... I did some searching and I figured it out... "Salad Shooter" is a brand of electric slicer/shredder made by a company called Presto. They have a website here: http://www.saladshooter.com/ I guess I just don't know my kitchen accessories well enough! hahahaha anyway, mystery solved!

Old 03-29-2010, 08:02 PM
Banned
Location: Raised in Tilton NH now residing in Kings Mountain KY

Okay you salad tossers... ah.... i mean shooters j/k

Back on topic. To the op Imho black wheels is the only way to go. You said yourself your car doesn't have a bit of chrome anywhere else on her. If you put the stripes on I'd make sure the stripes and the wheels are the same shade and finsh for example flat, matte or gloss.

Old 03-29-2010, 08:24 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Black Wheels

Salad Shooters can look good if you do them right- I dont have any pics of mine on my computer; but, I completely stripped my wheels using aircraft stripper, then rough and smooth sanded the remaining "dregs" of finish off them. After that I primed them with three coats (lightly sanding them in between each coat) and then I painted them 3 coats (also sanding between each coat) with a black hammertone finish - except for the lip which is just bare aluminum . I also removed the finish on the flat surface of the center caps which now matches the lip finish. A lot of work, but I like the way they turned out.

Old 03-29-2010, 08:37 PM
Banned
Location: Raised in Tilton NH now residing in Kings Mountain KY

Sounds good. You should post up pics sometime. Did you use Rustoleum Hammered finish? I used it for painting a gas tank on my car. Covered nice, looks great and seems to be quite durable.

Quick Reply: black rims