no black
36.36%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

black rims

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 03:42 AM
2nd Gear member
Default black rims

my car looks very similar to this minus all the stripes.
but do the black rims look good. (maybe even a different style but in general)
http://image.camaroperformers.com/f/...headlights.jpg

http://image.camaroperformers.com/f/...ort+wheels.jpg

Old 03-25-2010, 07:23 AM
1st Gear Member

My '96 is white and has black rims. My brother-in-law put them on when the car belonged to him. I wouldn't have paid for them, but they definitely look way better on mine than the stock wheels. I think they'd look nice on your blue car, too.

Old 03-25-2010, 07:30 AM
4th Gear Member

I have seen some cars with black wheels that look good. I have seen some that look like crap. Depends on how clean you keep them. Like exhaust, I have heard some that were loud and sounded good, then theres those that are like a roto tiller, make a whole lot of noise but don't go nowhere. Me, I'm old school, I like the shiny over the black.

Old 03-25-2010, 08:40 AM
In the Staging Lanes

I personally don't think those rims do yoru car justice.. They don't stand out, they don't catch your eye, and aaround here, black rims like that are usually winters...

Thats just my taste.. I like rims that make your vehicle stand out and make you take a double look.. Right now you have a blue car and black rims.. they both are not neutral colours and they just don't collide well together.. Black rims on a silver or white car.. now that really stand outs.... I actualyl had black rims on my Orange pearl car, and they were not bad..

thats just my 2 cents..

Well heres my sugestion.. If you like black and want it.. polish the lip... black rim with polished outside lip.. at least give it a bit of a shine..

Last edited by midrange; 03-25-2010 at 08:44 AM.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:53 AM
2nd Gear member

yeah the polished lip is the way I would go. The whole reason I ask is because a couple of weeks ago I made a thread asking about some American racing wheels that where black and many people said Chrome over black.
I don't want chrome cuz there is no chrome on my car.
My only concern is that I want bigger rims and I don't think there are reproduction rims out there that are bigger.
So either its find another type I like of stick with these and have them powder coated

Old 03-25-2010, 10:02 AM
May 2013 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by thetal1
yeah the polished lip is the way I would go. The whole reason I ask is because a couple of weeks ago I made a thread asking about some American racing wheels that where black and many people said Chrome over black.
whatever became of that? I thought the rims you posted then would've looked SICK on your car. Better than black salad shooters lol. But if you want some black shooters, I've got some I could sell you

Old 03-25-2010, 10:10 AM
2nd Gear member

That was my 1st round draft picks. Now its round 2 lol

Old 03-25-2010, 01:21 PM
1st Gear Member

I was thinking about doing this too to my rims (same ones as yours) still on the fence though, especially since I have a gouge in the lip of one of 'em, surprised it still holds air .

Anyway I think it looks OK..nothing special, I don't really like the look of these rims to begin with but I'd say black is better as long as it's a nice glossy black and you of course can't paint over the center cap part where it says 'camaro' lol

Old 03-25-2010, 06:25 PM
May 2013 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

thetal1, have you seen MusicMan's ride? he's got about the same color as you, minus the stripes. what do you think of his rims?

Old 03-25-2010, 08:41 PM
2nd Gear member

i switched from salad shooters to 5 spoke.just like them better.just my opinion

Quick Reply: black rims