which is better?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 10:02 AM
1st Gear Member
Default which is better?

would it be better to take a stock motor from a camaro and install all these performance parts like cams, rockers, etc or.... would it be better (or cooler) if i swapped the engine. this ls7 engine is way more expensive (http://www.corvettegarage.com/produc...te-engine.html) but if i would swap it with this motor, would would i have to change and about how much i t would cost. P.S. what about these engines? (http://www.proformanceunlimited.com/chevy.html) which would be more practical?

Old 11-15-2007, 10:09 AM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr
Default RE: which is better?

Whats in it now? Your sig says its SC'd, are you just not happy with the performance?

Old 11-15-2007, 10:20 AM
1st Gear Member

yes it is supercharged but i am thinking of buy another camaro so i wanted to know which would be better. the camaro i have know, i bought it for $3500. and i know how much a supercharger costs so for my other camaro im not sure what to do. P.S. my son is saving up for the camaro and he wants these mods for his new camaro. im keeping my supercharged camaro

Old 11-15-2007, 11:04 AM
Overdrive Member

You'll probably be better of modding whatever engine is already in the car. Engine swaps aren't cake as everyone seems to think they are. You have to make sure the computer recognizes all the different sensors etc. Not to mention that the LSX block is different from the LT1 block, and the LS1 and LS6 blocks are actually different from the LS2 and LS7 blocks as well. Not to say that dropping one in can't be done, but it's going to take some work, and it's not going to be cheap. You're going to be better of modding what's already there. I'd also like to note that all the motors on that second page are making a lot of power on paper, but they're all dyno-queens and wouldn't make that much power in an actual car, under a hood, running all the accessories, with a full exhaust etc.

Old 11-15-2007, 05:27 PM
1st Gear Member

thanks for the help!