Best Oil to use?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 09:18 AM
Default Best Oil to use?

What would be the best oil to use? my 95 z28 has 164,XXX on it but is still runnning strong. Simply just wondering what oil is the best to use.

I have been using castrol gtx, maybe i should switch it up to castrol high millage?

Old 09-17-2009, 09:49 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

i think u can go whichever way u want. hows the oil pressure? i used the high milage stuff in my last z and it worked fine. did not really have a noticable difference but my pressure was good to start with.

Old 09-18-2009, 10:42 AM

Well the funny thing is my oil pressure guage fell off so i cant even tell anymore. But back when it was still on the pressure was fine. It would only get real low when i was running out of oil because i have a pretty nasty oil leak.

But yeah i guess it really doesnt matter as long as im not using the crap stuff huh?

Old 09-18-2009, 10:52 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

yah use good oil. the lt is know for a leaky intake gasket so that would be the first place to look. they switched to using rvt on the front and basck and if not done just right the oil comes out the front gasket area and leaks down the front and looks like a front main going. the back end leaks down the back and looks like the rear main could be goin. i took off the cover plate for the flywheel to make sure it wasnt the main.

Old 09-20-2009, 12:21 PM

Ahh alright i see, thanks man.