Automatic Shift Adapter

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 10:53 AM
Two Cylinders Short of Win
Default Automatic Shift Adapter

So I bought the MBA shift adapter from the WS6store to allow most manual shift ***** to fit onto my automatic. Well the adapter itself almost like grinds against the stick when I put it on. There is too much friction, stopping it from pushing down, which means I can't shift into any gears when its on. I was sanding down the inside of it, which I'm not sure about, but hopefully is not hurting it.

I've been looking all over the internet for people who have this adapter and not too many people have trouble with it. I read one guy say it was too tight so he sanded down the stick on his car and after that it fit a little better. I was just wondering if anyone on this forum has experience with an adapter and what kind of problems they ran into. I don't want to sand down the stick if I don't have to, especially if it doesn't work afterwards.

Old 10-15-2010, 10:56 AM
In the Staging Lanes

darling reject has one on her camaro

Old 10-15-2010, 11:03 AM

Ohhhh Daaaaaaarling? lol

Old 10-15-2010, 03:08 PM

So I contacted WS6 and I'm going to exchange it for another one. Hopefully this one works cuz he said they have never had 1 single complaint regarding this adapter. I told him I read about that guy having to sand down his stick in order to get it to fit. I need this damn adapter to work!

Old 10-15-2010, 03:26 PM

Nice he said to just throw this one out and he's putting a new one in the mail for me today. John Kennison at WS6 store. This is my first time purchasing something from them. They seemed pretty understanding.

Old 10-15-2010, 03:47 PM
2nd Gear member

I didn't have any problems with mine. That's cool they are replacing it for you.

Old 10-15-2010, 03:52 PM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

You use any spacers?

Old 10-15-2010, 05:34 PM

For the actual ****? I don't need one with this ****, but I can't even get to that step yet. I'm having trouble just putting the adapter onto the stick. Its like the diameter is a tiny bit to large so there is tons of friction between the adapter and the stick. I can tell just by the way it won't bottom out properly without feeling like its stuck on the stick. I try taking it out of park when I have just the adapter with or without screws and it won't work. Put the **** on, still nothing. Anyone have any clue what it could be? The stick seems to be fine, not bent or anything.

Old 10-15-2010, 05:36 PM

Everything works properly if its just the bare metal and plastic or if I put the factory **** back on, it is only the adapter I am having problems with just to be clear.

Old 10-15-2010, 05:42 PM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

I'm kinda confused as to what you mean. My adapter worked fine, I just had to use the 3 cardboard spacers inside the top of the actual adapter (they came with the **** oddly enough) in order to get it to shift up and down. Can you take pics of the adapter? The only problem I had with mine was getting the set screws in far enough for the **** to slide over all the way and not scrape against the sides when twisting it tight.

Quick Reply: Automatic Shift Adapter