Angel Eye Mod HELP

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 07:13 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Angel Eye Mod HELP

Hey all it's me again, I've been fixing my car up. Just put flo-pro exhaust on it and it sounds amazing. Now I just installed angel eyes on it by following a write up online. I got them all to work but does any one know when I splice the blue halos to the foglight wire they do not work? Am I using the wrong wire ( I'm using the purple and black wires) or is a fuse shot or what?

Old 05-22-2010, 11:43 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Check your fuses first. Check to see if your original fog lights come on as normal. I'm not too sure about wiring the LED halos into the fog light wires. I didn't do this. I'm sure it's possible. I was told by someone at autozone that if your going to add LED lights to factory sockets you need to have a relay. Something about the LED power wattage not being the same as the original lights. Think LEDs take less power. I'm not too positive on this matter. Just kinda what I've heard, or what I got out of it anyways.

So you may need a LED relay swtich or something. Think autozone has them for like 15 bucks or so. It should be able to splice into your fog wires then to your LEDs from relay.

Hope this helps. Happy modding!

Old 05-23-2010, 09:21 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey martinez we have the same exact headlights, i saw your posts on the angel eye mod HOW-TO.

What i basically did was splice all the wires into the regular headlight wires. Can you tell me exactly what you did the the angel eye wires and where you spliced them?

Old 05-23-2010, 12:23 PM
In the Staging Lanes

What I did was... for the Blue LED Halos, wired them with the relays and switch it came with. I bought two sets of lights so I had 2 relays and 2 switches. I wired the Halos from the front to the interior of my car to the switch. So I am able to control when the Halos come on, incase I need to shut them off quickly in cop zones.

As for the headlights, I just used thick enough wire to fit into where there headlights harness is. I didn't cut into the headlights wires at all. I just stuck my wires in the two holes then black taped them real tight so they stay in. Does that make any sence?

You said you spliced all the wires to the headlight wires? If you did this then you cannot control when the Halos come on or off. So basicly, when your headlights come on your halos come on. Thats cool if you like it like that, but I am able to turn them on by themselves or just with parking lights. Plus at night my highbeam halo is noticeable when my headlights are on. Looks kinda like the BMW, cept theirs are white/clear beams.

Hope this helps, happy modding!

Old 05-23-2010, 09:14 PM
1st Gear Member

Hmm that helps a lot, but can i ask for some more help? Ok ima start from the beginning and see if you can help me out.

So i spliced all the wires to the headlight wire. If i unsplice the Angel Eyes (blue LEDs), where exactly do i splice them into? Do i just splice them into the relay wire, then that to the switch and run it thru the firewall into my car? Or do i have to splice any wires to the foglight wire or what? Thats where im lost.

Old 05-23-2010, 10:56 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by MaxTheKiing
So i spliced all the wires to the headlight wire. If i unsplice the Angel Eyes (blue LEDs), where exactly do i splice them into? Do i just splice them into the relay wire, then that to the switch and run it thru the firewall into my car? Or do i have to splice any wires to the foglight wire or what? Thats where im lost.
Yeah, splice them back into the relay wires they were originally made for, then run the wires for the switch thru the firewall into your interior. I ran the wires under the dash behind the middle console then tucked them under the center console and fed the wires up under the ash tray. My ash tray was already gone when I bought the car. So I mounted the switch in there.

With the halos connected direclty through the wiring harness it came with, you can turn on your halos by themselves. I like to leave them on by themselves when I go in to the store. Since they are LED they dont use that much power. I left them on over night once on accident, car started up normally with no probs.

As far as the fog light wiring. You dont have to splice into the fog lights unless you dont want to run the switch into your car. People probably do this because the switch is mounted and wired already. If that is the reason you want to do it like this, you might need a relay switch for the wiring. Not sure, but you might be able to use the relay switch the lights came with. I'm not that smart on LED wiring so im not sure if that would work or not.

It was just a lot easier for me to wire it with the harness it came with. I recommend you do the same, and leave the fog lights alone.

In the future I want to install true HID bulbs in the housing of the headlights. Also HIDs in the fog light housing as well. But that will be later on.

Happy modding!

Old 05-24-2010, 11:08 AM
1st Gear Member

So basically i just splice the 2 angel eye wires into the relay wire, then that to the switch and they should work?

Old 05-24-2010, 11:58 AM
1st Gear Member

Was just outside trying it out and i got it to work Gonna rewire everything tomorrow on my day off.

ALSO!! Is there anyway to make it so the headlights do NOT turn on automatically when i start the car?

Old 05-24-2010, 07:37 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by MaxTheKiing
Was just outside trying it out and i got it to work Gonna rewire everything tomorrow on my day off.

ALSO!! Is there anyway to make it so the headlights do NOT turn on automatically when i start the car?
What year is your Camaro? Mine is a 96, and it doesn't have automatic lights that turn on when I start the car.

And yes, there is a way to make your headlights turn on by switch. You can use them same harness it comes with and use the white and black wires for the headlights. This way you can use the rocker switch to control when you want to turn on the headlights without having your car do it automaticly for you.

But like I said mine doesn't have auto headlights that turn on when you start the car. Don't think any 93-02 camaro has auto headlights on start up. Just daytime driving lights, which are not headlights. This must of been a custom added feature to your car.

Happy Modding!

Old 05-24-2010, 09:25 PM
1st Gear Member

I have a 1997 Camaro. Every time i start my car, the headlights come on. Im thinking about re-wiring everything tomorrow so 1 switch runs the headlights, and the other runs the blue halos

Quick Reply: Angel Eye Mod HELP