Advice on driveshaft/rear vs suspension

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 02:29 PM
Overdrive Member
Lightbulb

If you have the stock DeCarbon/Delphi shocks -- that's the worst part so should be first -- get SLP Bilsteins (or Koni SAs if you want the best). Since you have a V6, your sways are whimpy -- upgrade to at least SS Sways (Strano 35/22 hollow sway are likely the best available) and you will be SO much happier cornering and in lane changes, etc.

LCAs, panhard, tq arm should be after the above -- IF you really need them -- I would give Sam Strano a call at Stranoparts.com and tell him your goals and interests -- he give valuable advice and will talk you out of unnecessary parts! Also, look into a Fays2 Watts Link instead of a panhard bar -- maybe overkill for a V6 (I will do one on my SS) -- but it's the best option for the keeping rear-end centered & more. A watts link should be one of the last suspension mods.

http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=67&ModelID=7

Originally Posted by Bandit 43
Thanks for the advice.
I'm going to hold off on the rear for now and see if I can just pick one up instead of trying to get one shipped.
I figure with the driveshaft ordered and everything else I've done so far she's good on power for now.
As Liberty suggested I'll focus on suspension.

Liberty you suggest shocks and sway bars first. Should I get these items before lower control arms, panhard bar, & torque arm?

Old 02-22-2011, 05:41 PM
2nd Gear member

Thanks for the info Liberty. I'll start doing my research.