99 Firebird cruise control troubleshooting

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2023, 04:55 PM
Default 99 Firebird cruise control troubleshooting

Ok, fuse is good
new stalk
On my scanner it shows everything is good in terms of when i push the set switch, on switch and even engage brake.
Is there a relay? Fuse 9 is good.
Thoughts

Old 01-07-2023, 05:54 PM
2nd Gear member

Do you have a copy of the factory 1999 Service Manual? It has a troubleshooting section in it that goes through checking the system and the schematics below. If you don't, you can download a copy from a link on this site.

Last edited by peterpar; 01-07-2023 at 06:01 PM.
Old 01-07-2023, 06:03 PM

Thank you, ive been looking for such as 99 changes. Also the cruise module i see in picture looks like it drive by cable and we are wire

Old 01-07-2023, 06:19 PM
2nd Gear member

I'm not sure how familiar you are with pdf's, but if you open the service manual file with an Acrobat Reader program, you can use the bookmarks of the file to find the information easier. Follow the steps in the screenshot below. The Acrobat Reader program is free.

Old 01-11-2023, 04:00 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Omg! Thank you!

Originally Posted by peterpar
I'm not sure how familiar you are with pdf's, but if you open the service manual file with an Acrobat Reader program, you can use the bookmarks of the file to find the information easier. Follow the steps in the screenshot below. The Acrobat Reader program is free.

That made it smooth much easier! I've been scrolling through those 1400 pages every time I needed something. Thanks!

Old 01-11-2023, 06:15 PM
2nd Gear member

The other model year Service Manuals listed on this Media Fire webpage are also bookmarked for those who may be interested. I found the same problems you mentioned when trying to search the original files that weren't bookmarked. Because I had some knowledge of how to bookmark an Acrobat file, I went ahead and did that to the 1998 service manual for my own use. When I realized how much simpler it was to use the file, I contacted the gentleman who had originally scanned these manuals and asked if he was interested in a copy of the bookmarked file. After discussing what was involved in bookmarking the files, we decided to slit up bookmarking the remaining service manuals between us and the new files replaced the unmarked files on the Media Fire webpage. These manuals are a good resource for people who want to work on their own vehicles by giving descriptions of how the different systems work and other information like wiring schematics.

Old 01-13-2023, 07:31 PM

Thanks for the help, so....i went under the car and there is no cruise control module. This has me puzzled as I assumed all birds had cruise as a basic option.

Another confussion is that my scanner autul 906 showed everything working fine as in cruise on off, brake disable, coast accel, etc

Thoughts?

Old 01-13-2023, 10:11 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by icemaninlv
Thanks for the help, so....i went under the car and there is no cruise control module. This has me puzzled as I assumed all birds had cruise as a basic option.
The Cruise Control option was available in a Preferred Equipment Group. Check the Service Parts Identification label on the driver door for RPO "K34" to verify if the car was equipped with it from the factory.
Another confussion is that my scanner autul 906 showed everything working fine as in cruise on off, brake disable, coast accel, etc
Thoughts?
I'm not familiar with using that scanner, so I don't know.

Old 01-13-2023, 10:16 PM

Problem is I got got a new door and no idea what rpo it has lol

Old 01-13-2023, 10:23 PM
2nd Gear member

Problem is I got got a new door and no idea what rpo it has lol
It would have come in the Preferred Equipment Group #1 which would have also included remote rear hatch, power door locks and fog lights.

Quick Reply: 99 Firebird cruise control troubleshooting