95 Camaro power window failure

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 09:14 AM
Default 95 Camaro power window failure

Hi everyone. Any chance of some help? My driver side window has completely stopped working, although i get a small thud noise from directly under the dash when moving the switch. Checked all fuses and relays in the fuse box on left side of cockpit with nothing obvious there, and even swapped the 2 relays over. Passanger window works fine (on either relay). Are there extra realys under the dash? 1 per window? Or is it likely the motors seized? Appreciate your help. Have Haines manual but it's very basic around this area. Thought I'd ask for ideas before taking the door apart.
Cheers for your help.
Phil UK

Old 01-30-2009, 12:49 PM
VIP member

chances are if your window completely stopped working, your motor has failed

my civic had a power window problem, however mine was that the window regulator needed to be removed. Yours just don't even move. so it is the motor

Old 01-31-2009, 02:21 PM
Overdrive Member

I agree, it sounds like your window motor went out. There's a sticky at the top of this section that will go through how to replace it.

Old 02-01-2009, 12:22 AM
1st Gear Member

guys whats up with all this driver side camaro window motors???? almost every single camaro got this problem in some point on.... WHATS UP?

Old 02-01-2009, 10:35 PM
Overdrive Member

The windows are big and heavy so it puts a pretty decent amount of strain on the window motor. That said, the lubrication in the internal track the window slides up also has a tendency to dry up and become sticky-ish, which puts additional strain on an already strained motor. My window motor hasn't quit yet, but it did snap off the guide that fits into the track (I had to weld it back in for a quick fix...).

Old 02-03-2009, 12:14 PM
Question

Thanks guys. Will try your suggestions. Is it likely the windows "express down module" under the dash could have packed up, as I get a clicking noise each time I press the window down button? No noise whatsoever from the motor, and noticed the internal lights don't seem to be dimming when the switch is pressed, so assuming the motors not receiving power.
Never had a problem with slow motor, just 1 day it was fine, next day nothing except the clicking noise.

Last edited by Phil UK; 02-03-2009 at 12:20 PM.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:42 PM

chances are brother its gonna be the motor itself. when i got my 95 not long ago the drivers window would not roll down and it was doing like you are saying it would click but thats it. i putin a new motor and everything has been perfect since. except now i need to replace the pass. one bc its alot slower than my new one.

Old 02-05-2009, 09:50 AM
Unhappy

Thanks for that 95Chevy. Was hoping it was gonna be the express down switch, but too cold and wet over here at the moment to get out and get under the dash - garage in UK not big enough to get the Chevy in! Will have to change the motor myself after getting one sent over (another snag of having a US car in UK). Was it a real pain - looks awkward being riveted in?

Old 02-05-2009, 11:34 AM

uh it wasnt too bad. air drills make taking rivits out alot easier.

Old 02-08-2009, 05:49 AM
Default Window-Radio Outage

Glad to know it isn't just my camaro that is having window problems. Has anyone else had the power to the radio go off when trying to roll your window down? Not very experienced in electrical issues so any help would be appreciated.

Quick Reply: 95 Camaro power window failure