93 z28 camaro

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 08:41 PM
Default 93 z28 camaro

so i just bought 93 z28 camaro motor runs great because my girlfriends mom babied it for years and let it sit there for a while driving it very seldom... they just put on new belts and all the little stuff on the motor... im looking to upgrade it just a little but.. its an automatic so a shift kit is a must have (any1 know a price on that, or how easy it is to do yourself) im rather good at working on cars so i plan to do everything myself... that im not scared to attempt.. heh.. im only 18 so i dont have a lot to put into the motor..

but i was wondering what upgrades should i start out with maybe ignition, spark plugs and all that jazz?

but ill listen to any advice i can get...

thanks

oh and how do the corvette rims look on camaros?

_bfc

Old 06-22-2007, 11:18 PM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: 93 z28 camaro

Corvetter rims look nice, but can be stereotypical. I personally think they accent a red Camaro more than any other color.

Ignition upgrades are really not worth doing unless racing is in its future. I'd replace plugs, wires, and cap with AC Delco parts and save the modification money for some of the most basic upgrades:

CAI
Exhaust system (including headers)
PCM tune
Driveline upgrades
Engine internals

Old 06-23-2007, 01:17 AM
Overdrive Member

ORIGINAL: usarmyrangrs

Corvetter rims look nice, but can be stereotypical. I personally think they accent a red Camaro more than any other color.

Ignition upgrades are really not worth doing unless racing is in its future. I'd replace plugs, wires, and cap with AC Delco parts and save the modification money for some of the most basic upgrades:

CAI
Exhaust system (including headers)
PCM tune
Driveline upgrades
Engine internals
x2, start with your basic bolt ons! Unfortunately parts for the '93 are a bit harder to come by...

Old 06-25-2007, 08:48 PM
1st Gear Member

One other thing to keep in mind is that the Opti spark ignitions on the 93's have a habit of going.....

I agree with above, parts for a 93 are hard to find, but start off with an exhaust, a cold air intake, and see how you like it from there. I'd also recommend installing subframe connectors and new springs/shocks to make her handle like a dream. The sky is the limit as long as you have time and money. Do your mods over time and remember to keep the car balanced.....a slower car that can handle can take a fast car that can't (unless you are driving in a straight line)[sm=gears.gif]