4th gen wiper blades - help.

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 10:53 AM
Tech Droid

The crook on the end of the wiper arms in these cars is bent in the opposite direction of thst in most other cars. Many wiper blades wil not fit properly and bind. However I have had good luck using Bosch wiper blades. Or, you could go to a junk yard and get a used set and then just change the rubber.

Old 01-25-2009, 05:33 PM

i had the same problem but i just bent the blade in diffenent positions till it sat flush on the winsheild and that worked

Old 01-26-2009, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by z28pete
The crook on the end of the wiper arms in these cars is bent in the opposite direction of thst in most other cars. Many wiper blades wil not fit properly and bind. However I have had good luck using Bosch wiper blades. Or, you could go to a junk yard and get a used set and then just change the rubber.
Yes, it is the very end of the wiper arm that I was referencing when I said it bends/curves out, not in. I realize I did a very poor job describing it. I'll try to get a picture or two and post up. I'm new to this forum, does it allow pics within posts?

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have to filter through them all and just pick which brand name to try next.

Old 03-07-2009, 06:10 PM
Old 03-07-2009, 09:51 PM
2nd Gear member

Because of your odd problem, and after some experimentation of my own, I did some searching at work. Anco makes a wiper blade specifically for the 93-97 Camaro/Firebird. The part number is 22-24. Any Checker/CSK/ORiellys will be able to get them for you. I cant find any pics online, and its dark out now, but Ill take a pic of them on my car tomorow for you. The arch is a little taller than a normal blade, and the pivot points are located just a little bit differently. I tried it and liked it better than the Icons I had so I bought em!!

I highly doubt any auto parts store will let you "test drive" any wiper blades, but I work at O reillys so I just sorta did anyway lol.

Old 03-08-2009, 09:00 PM
2nd Gear member

The one on bottom is the Camaro/Firebird one.
Name:  wiper1.jpg
Views: 769
Size:  43.9 KB
That taller bridge allows it to curve sharper at the edges.
Name:  wiper2.jpg
Views: 785
Size:  36.0 KB
Name:  wiper3.jpg
Views: 746
Size:  41.3 KB
Name:  wiper4.jpg
Views: 766
Size:  20.7 KB

Old 03-08-2009, 11:03 PM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

The 93's had a little different wiper connection than the 94-02's. I recently tried the rain-x latitude wipers, the application guide they had said they would work on the 94-02 camaro's, but they don't. The 3 autozone guys and myself spent almost an hour trying to get them on, but they don't work. I got on rain-x's site and sent them some hate mail about it.

Old 03-08-2009, 11:20 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

I bought my wipers from Napa, they work great. I hate crappy blades, my napa ones have lasted a year, and don't streak at all, and show no signs of wear.

Old 05-06-2009, 04:06 PM

Im an ANCO fan and have been for years.
Swapped mine on my 94 when I got the dar last year and had the same prob as all of you all.
I usually like to be able to read the anco emblem from facing the car from the front and everything works fine. (Im **** retentive like that). Did this same technique on the Camaro and they wouldnt clear for sh*&t. After a couple of months of dealing with this issue I finally realized that if I flipped the wipers upside down that they work much better. At the connection point they are made a little different at the stamped bend. and when the wiper arm would rotate then the blade would get leveraged off the glass and then would not clear the windshield. Simple fix for me (once I became smarter than the wiper blade). Hope it can help others.

Old 03-20-2010, 02:40 AM
In the Staging Lanes

I recently tried putting the rain-x blades on it, and wondered how they went on, im glad i found that they dont fit on the 94-02's. before i broke something. lol.
but if theres a website for ANCO, im gonna check them out.

Quick Reply: 4th gen wiper blades - help.