4th Gen pedal removal

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 05:16 PM
I Like to Party
Cool 4th Gen pedal removal

Can someone post pics or explain in detail the easiest (if not only) way to remove the gas and brake pedals of an automatic? (Yes i know automatic har har im such a noob ;P) I'm installing carbon pedals

Old 09-04-2011, 04:20 PM
I Like to Party

So...noone can help a brotha out? :/ been a couple days

Old 09-04-2011, 09:55 PM
2nd Gear member

Are you just trying to remove the part that your foot touches, or the entire pedal?

Old 09-06-2011, 04:34 AM
I Like to Party

Guess the entire pedal because i dont think i'm able to remove just the pedals

Old 09-06-2011, 07:03 AM
3rd Gear Member

sorry I never had to take a pedal off my camaro. if I had to guess I kno you have to unhook the cable to the throttle body and or pedal and you would have to take the pedal linkage off a bracket or of some sort under the dash.

Old 09-06-2011, 07:59 AM
August 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

there are 2 13mm bolts that hold the steering column up, take those out and drop the column down.

From there, you need to remove the throttle cable from the gas pedal and the master cylinder arm and brake light switch from the pedal, there there should be 4-5 bolts that need removed, I can't remember what size they are though. Its pretty straightforward though

Old 09-06-2011, 04:12 PM
2nd Gear member

I have never removed the pedals in a 4th gen, although I did do it in a 1st gen Nova.

As I recall, I had to remove the brake master cylinder to get the brake pedal out. I don't know if you would have to remove it in a 4th gen though, you just might.

If you do have to remove the master cylinder, remember that when reinstalling the brake pedal, you will may need to bench bleed the brake system to get the air out of the master cylinder. Not sure how to fully bleed the brake system on an ABS vehicle though. I have heard that you need to hook up to the ABS computer to cycle the system to get all of the air out.

Old 09-06-2011, 06:23 PM
August 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by Grandpaswagon
I have never removed the pedals in a 4th gen, although I did do it in a 1st gen Nova.

As I recall, I had to remove the brake master cylinder to get the brake pedal out. I don't know if you would have to remove it in a 4th gen though, you just might.

If you do have to remove the master cylinder, remember that when reinstalling the brake pedal, you will may need to bench bleed the brake system to get the air out of the master cylinder. Not sure how to fully bleed the brake system on an ABS vehicle though. I have heard that you need to hook up to the ABS computer to cycle the system to get all of the air out.
you don't need to, you can unhook the plunger from the brake pedal and never have to bleed it.

I'll see if I can get a picture for you tonite, its not hard to do, will take you an hour to take them out and 20 minutes to put them back in

Old 09-06-2011, 07:50 PM
I Like to Party

That would be great

Old 09-07-2011, 12:11 PM

4thGen4Lyfe,

Until a proper photo is posted up on this thread, I thought that perhaps a diagram of the brake pedal and gas pedal may help you out:

4th Gen Camaro Brake Pedal diagram

4th Gen Camaro Throttle Pedal diagram

I'll try to post up a DIY on the removal process as soon as I can bro

Quick Reply: 4th Gen pedal removal