3 piece spoiler removal

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 08:32 PM
2nd Gear member
Default 3 piece spoiler removal

I've removed most of my RS kit. Now I am debating on the 3 piece spoiler. I know that there would be holes in the quarter panels if I remove the 2 small side parts. My question is, if I remove it do I need to remove the whole spoiler itself or just the extra center piece that's part of the RS kit? And does anyone know how that piece is held on/what it would look like underneath? I'm debating whether I want to take the 3 piece spoiler off or not, I don't want all these holes in my car...

Old 01-25-2011, 08:34 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

im pretty sure youll have some holes in the fenders i doubt they used 3m tape

imo the spoiler is what kills it the body kit i kinda like

Old 01-25-2011, 08:40 PM
2nd Gear member

Well I wanted the gfx off.. and I am thinking it might look weird to have just the spoiler part. Maybe I'll just have to buy a regular spoiler and swap them out.

Old 01-25-2011, 08:43 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

to bad your not here theres a silver spoiler for sale on cl 20$ and hes got an ss hood for 50 also silver

Old 01-25-2011, 10:40 PM
1st Gear Member

I LOVE the spoiler AND the ground effects. I have the spoiler.....I think it gives Camaros a much tougher look, just like I think the Firebirds look better with the "whale-tail" spoiler. I have one of those too..lol

Old 01-26-2011, 12:02 AM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

make sure you save and sell that rs kit ive seen em go on cl for like 100 bucks or more

Old 01-26-2011, 12:57 AM
Overdrive Member

The center piece is held on with tape. yup thats it just some tape. It is tough stuff and will take alot of work to get it all off. Try a flat paint scraper (metal ones work best) and also heat up the seams it will make life much easier. I cant remember if the side parts have screws holding them in or not. If they do I would say leave the whole thing on. Beats having holes in the car or primer from the body work.

Massey

Old 01-26-2011, 01:16 AM
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Massey
The center piece is held on with tape. yup thats it just some tape. It is tough stuff and will take alot of work to get it all off. Try a flat paint scraper (metal ones work best) and also heat up the seams it will make life much easier. I cant remember if the side parts have screws holding them in or not. If they do I would say leave the whole thing on. Beats having holes in the car or primer from the body work.

Massey
No it is not. The spoiler has about 2 holes on each side and about 4 in the center. The center nuts can be removed after you remove the brake light. Also they all also use 3m tape aswell. It was a pain to remove without breaking even after removing all the nuts. Why would you want to get rid of the lip kit? I remember just selling you the front lips not too long ago. If you do sell them they can fetch a good price. I paid $400 for just the lips and side skirts. In my area there are not many of them for sale.

Old 01-26-2011, 05:34 AM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by RFxCamaro
Why would you want to get rid of the lip kit? I remember just selling you the front lips not too long ago.
I've kinda been on the fence about it, then I finally decided on removing it all. I like the simple clean look the car has without it. To each their own I guess.

Thanks for all the info guys. Since there are holes under that center part, I'm definitely leaving it on at least for now. Maybe I'll grab a silver spoiler from a junkyard and swap it out later.

Old 01-26-2011, 09:37 AM
3rd Gear Member

Also you are going to have metal hangers on the car from the lip kit

Quick Reply: 3 piece spoiler removal