2000 SS Ls1 ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 02:17 PM
Default 2000 SS Ls1 ?'s

hey guys first off this forum is already better than any of looked at before so great job. I Picked up a 2000 Camaro SS a few back with 39K on it in mint shape literally lol no door jam or kick plate marks even haha. I had a few questions for you guys, the old owner just did pads, fluids, plugs and wires all within about 5K ago and I have the slips so I'm not worried there but when it comes time again I would like to go cross drilled rotors, does anyone have any recomendations? Also what are you guys finding runs best in these cars for plugs, wires, or just any other tips to know. I have a few friends with them but they really have neglected there. I am a mechanic and have built few big blocks smalls etc and would really like to keep the car in the shape it's in just have not delt with too many maro's so any tips or tricks you have and what is best used in these, I mean I'm pretty farmiliar with MSD NGK not so much on the new E3's so I would like to keep the best ignition parts, fluids, etc in the car so she stays healthy. Thanks again guys and great job on this forum

Old 04-06-2010, 02:47 PM
4th Gear Member

All of these are my OPINION.. Fair warning. Do not slander me for my choices.

Well I always put Brembo blank rotors on my car. Cross drilled will EAT your pads and they're prone to cracking.

I've always used AC Delco plugs in all of my Chevy vehicles.

I use Taylor wires on my 3.8L. As far as an LS1, MSD or Taylor are great of course.

Mobil 1 synthetic oil and AC Delco filters. I use nothing else in all of my vehicles including my 400k mile Chevy work truck.

Old 04-06-2010, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by evilkal
All of these are my OPINION.. Fair warning. Do not slander me for my choices.

Well I always put Brembo blank rotors on my car. Cross drilled will EAT your pads and they're prone to cracking.

I've always used AC Delco plugs in all of my Chevy vehicles.

I use Taylor wires on my 3.8L. As far as an LS1, MSD or Taylor are great of course.

Mobil 1 synthetic oil and AC Delco filters. I use nothing else in all of my vehicles including my 400k mile Chevy work truck.
I heard hawks are really good on these cars? I've used them on some other cars for pads and seem great, Plugs I'm still in the air big fan of iridiums though (maybe someone will have a good brand they have luck with), I am a fan of MSD but am usually dealing with a whole ignition kit through them so kinda a no brainer Ill check into both, The car has run Mobil 1 I run it in all of my vehicles anyway wether my truck fiances car or what, as far as filters I usually go to the dealer for oil filters I know in my motorcycle I use to run K&N and seemed good but cars/trucks I usually go Dealer, any opinions?

I appreciate your opinions also as this is my first Camaro SS I've delt with similar but just want to see what everyone's favorites are for these

Old 04-06-2010, 03:28 PM
ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club

AC plug number 41-110(stock iridium replacements)
mobil 1 is fine for oil and i'd use a synthetic anyway if it were me as well
i use wix filters on my car and have never had an issue and don't see why i ever would(part number 51042)
i've never really messed with fancy rotors on these cars. from what i've read, the stock braking system on the LS1 cars is pretty good.
as far as wires, stock replacements would do fine if you're not doing any sort of engine modification.

Old 04-06-2010, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by whammer3024
AC plug number 41-110(stock iridium replacements)
mobil 1 is fine for oil and i'd use a synthetic anyway if it were me as well
i use wix filters on my car and have never had an issue and don't see why i ever would(part number 51042)
i've never really messed with fancy rotors on these cars. from what i've read, the stock braking system on the LS1 cars is pretty good.
as far as wires, stock replacements would do fine if you're not doing any sort of engine modification.
Ok thats kinda where I was at anyway in my head, Ill probably drive it these year as it is, the previous owner did the loudmouthII and a different intake probably after its put away this year I may fool with cams/porting, so think if i do the wires it would benefit to just do MSD's or along those lines when I do for the future? I would like to have the car run the best it can even without modifying it