1st 2nd slipping??

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 04:27 PM
2nd Gear member

i agree with both your posts and torque's but i have the time and most of the tools, i will be very specific and precise, measure everything into spec. and i will be buying a book or two.. also i dont trust anyone on my cars.. been through thousands of cash cuz ****bags dont do jobs right.

also since you are following the thread alot gorn. im wondering if you could tell me the best way to get to those two ***** bolts on top on the trans, and also does the trans dipstick tube come off the trans???

Old 01-09-2012, 04:28 PM
2nd Gear member

my u joints look good anyway

Old 01-09-2012, 05:52 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by Greg08
also since you are following the thread alot gorn. im wondering if you could tell me the best way to get to those two ***** bolts on top on the trans, and also does the trans dipstick tube come off the trans???
I use a long 3/8" extension (about 30") Lower the back of the trans and reach over the top.

Old 01-09-2012, 05:56 PM
2nd Gear member

genius...

Old 01-09-2012, 06:14 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by Gorn
Agreed^^ the cheapest way to do it is to know someone that does this all day long. You pull it and take it to him at his house as a side job. The reason I like to use guys that still do it full time is because they are constantly new upgrades and these guys will even tell what kits they like to use to get the best job.

where can i find a transmission dude like that^ lol

Old 01-10-2012, 11:04 AM
4th Gear Member

i agree with both your posts and torque's but i have the time and most of the tools, i will be very specific and precise, measure everything into spec. and i will be buying a book or two.. also i dont trust anyone on my cars.. been through thousands of cash cuz ****bags dont do jobs right.

is it rocket science; nope

is there value from having an experienced person do the rebuild for you; ABSOLUTELY!!!!

there are way too many "Internet horror stories" about bad repair shops but not enough stories about good ones.

When was the last time you told a few people about the cup of coffee you got which was correct?

When was the last time you shared a story about getting old coffee or they didn't add the sugar in it? or, like me, you drink it black, the added sugar and you spit out the first sip because you didn't expect sugar.

It's human nature to only discuss the bad and rarely acknowledge the good

dog bits man isn't interesting; man bites dog is interesting.

Old 01-10-2012, 11:46 AM
2nd Gear member

lmao dude that was funny as hell and i understand what u mean but i like my coffee with cream n sugar so there's no real way to mess that up lmfao jk. but i have a few horror stories of shops ****in me. im gonna do the rebuild on my own

Old 01-10-2012, 12:34 PM
2nd Gear member

so about this tranny oil tube? does it come off?

Old 01-10-2012, 05:17 PM

so about this tranny oil tube? does it come off?
Yes, it has a bracket on it that goes under the second bellhousing bolt above the starter. Remove that bolt and the tube will wiggle straight up. Have a pan under that corner of the trans as you will probably loose some fluid unless you already lost quite a bit from the tailshaft when you removed the driveshaft.

Old 01-11-2012, 04:15 PM
2nd Gear member

ty bud. i havent been able to get out to the car yet due to construction on the house

Quick Reply: 1st 2nd slipping??