Old 01-30-2008, 08:01 PM
3rd Gear Member
Default RE: 1994 Vette rims on my camaro

i second that[sm=youreright.gif]

Old 01-31-2008, 12:52 AM
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: th3po1son

unfortunately my parents dont buy me everything I want so I gotta take care of what I have...
same here... im OVER protective of my car.. my mom asked to drive it to the store real quick once kuz her suburban was in the shop for theIACand i said no but offered to go myselfand she got pissed at me and didnt talk to me the rest of the day... its like imsorry but no one has driven my car since the day i bought it when my step dad drove it around the block... that was the last time anyoneelse drove it.. one time my gf got in the driver seat and started it andwaskidding around like she was gonna drive it but she stopped when she saw the look on my face... Id kill someone if they did ANYTHING to my car.. i worked too hard for it... i lost contact with alot of friends kuz i worked all summer for it.. If someone were to rear end me idprobably go road rage on their ***..

Old 01-31-2008, 05:28 AM
3rd Gear Member

yep, im the same way, all my friends get pissed at me because of how over protective i am with my car.

Old 01-31-2008, 06:17 AM
In the Staging Lanes

you know what you should get.. the old salad shooters.

Old 01-31-2008, 12:28 PM
Overdrive Member

I'm with you guys on being overprotective on the car...one day I was driving and my gf was with me, she said "if you love me you'll let me drive your car." I quickly responed with "do not do that **** with me, I don't play those games." She got the point. I'll let my dad pull it in and out of his garage because he lets it stay there while I'm at college, other than that, nobody drives my car except me.

Old 01-31-2008, 03:48 PM
2nd Gear member

Yeah really too many people are way too careless about what they have... and what other people have. My friends are all like ahh you have OCD or something but I'm just like hey if youre not gonna respect my ****, you can always walk. I get so pissed when people have things that they dont take care of.

Old 01-31-2008, 04:19 PM
2nd Gear member

yeh im basically the same, i wouldnt want anybody to drive my car, especially people who pretend to know how to drive a stick, i mean ive let 1 friend drive my car that was before i knew how to do a stick and i trusted him (since if he ****ed it up id just take his 03 Cobra..wouldnt complain) but otehr than that i only let my mom and possibly uncle in law drive it when he visits from australia... i trust my mom A. because she taught me how to drive it in the first place,, and B. if she screwed it up shed make it up to me, like she screwed up my old camaro [i was out of the country and she forgot to start it up for a while] and gave me the vette until we replaced the battery, which since it was dead we went and worked on my bumper and windows a bit so it was a good couple of months.

Old 01-31-2008, 04:26 PM
1st Gear Member

I agree. Being in highschool myself I know what you guys mean(I also have a Katana 600cc bike). My alltime favorite was when a kid I know whos parents bought him a 1 year old car that cost 17000 actually said to me "I can't believe your parents bought you that car, you must be (spoiled)". I wanted to hit the kid. I bought my car and I work on it. His parents bought him the car, they pay his insurance, they pay for gas even. What the hell is that? As far as letting people drive my car, only in large, empty parking lots, and only a few people. Unfortunately I can't tell my mom she can't drive my car she would flip **** since my insurance is on their policy and they helped me with the upfront cost.

Old 01-31-2008, 04:27 PM
1st Gear Member

Which I have been paying back.

Old 01-31-2008, 04:39 PM
2nd Gear member

Yeah definitely feel ya on that one. My friend Kevin's parents bought him a brand new Civic ($19k) for his birthday and I dont even know if he pays for gas. At least he takes care of it.

Quick Reply: 1994 Vette rims on my camaro