1993 LT1 Z28 Hard plastic fuel line....

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 06:17 PM
Question 1993 LT1 Z28 Hard plastic fuel line....

I went out the other day to crank my 93 Z28 LT1 6 spd up and take her for a ride...as I turned the key forward listening to the elect fuel unit in the tank send the gas up to the engine before turning the key to crank I could hear liquid spraying...with further inspection the hard fuel line carrying my gas had broken half into where the clamp was around it directly below where my left foot sits in the drivers floorboard. Can anyone tell me where to find this line new and/or part number for it? I had someone trying to patch me at section there,but it's letting it pull air in because it's not sealing good. I have a 94 and a 95 with blown engines in them both,but they are both V6 cars and I don't think these lines are the same. Your input is greatly appreciated! Thanks!!! This one is my "Baby" and I'm ready to go take her out for some much needed backroad time and driving therapy

Old 05-07-2014, 07:59 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

you could shorten the line and run it behind the brake booster. i been wanting to do that to mine. heat the line up when hooking up to connector. to easy to crack or damage when its cold and brittle.

Old 05-21-2014, 09:56 AM
Default Craby....

I'd look at changing the way the line is run,but first I have got to find another entire line...I am needing to know a part number for it or the exact name that line is called. My huny thought that he could cut a section out of it where the cuts were in it and then replace that section with a piece of rubber hose and clamp both ends where it overlapped the original line...I am guessing because of the pressure in the line it's allowing gas to be pushed out past where it's clamped. Where she's parked right now I can't get her up in the air enough for me to slide underneath myself to see the whole line to know exactly what it looks like from end to end. Thanks for the suggestion on how to rerun the line once I can get one...

Old 05-21-2014, 10:30 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

10239134, do not make stock part any more. you need to heat the hard plastic line before working with it. use a heat gun. dont heat it to much. you would need to get a used line. longest i see here is 18 inches and i think the fuel pressure line is 3/8 and return is 5/16 http://www.summitracing.com/parts/rnb-800-060/overview/

Old 05-21-2014, 10:55 AM
4th Gear Member

Most auto parts stores have nylon replacement line that comes with a barbed fitting. That's probably the best option. You can use rubber hose but it has to be fuel injection hose, not regular fuel hose, the pressure ratings on them are different. The same goes for the clamps. There are FI specific hose clamps.

Pressure line will be 3/8 and the return line will be 5/16 as Craby stated.

Old 05-21-2014, 11:50 AM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

As said above you can remove the line and a real parts store and make up a replacement. I took the last lines I needed made down for a quote. The clerk pulled out a line making kit to make sure he had everything and quoted me $150 to both lines. I noted what the kit looked like and searched on the net. I found the whole kit for $120. Now I have enough to make a dozen or so lines

This is the same kit I got but at the time there was a guy clearance a bunch of them on EBAY. They where the same kit but the had some other companies name on it, I assume the company dropped the product.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/rn...FehQOgodWQoAAw

Last edited by Gorn; 05-21-2014 at 11:56 AM.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:38 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

180 for a aftermarket one made in usa, dont know if it has all the same stuff as the summit one
S.U.R. & R Kp1200 Fuel Line Replacement Kit by S.U.R. & R | Toolfetch

Old 05-21-2014, 01:29 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Not sure what all that one has, the doorman kit can be found cheaper. I just did a quick search and found the summit one. I guess I got lucky with the kit I bought.

Robot Check Robot Check

Old 05-21-2014, 05:32 PM
Default Thanks guys!!!! :)

I HUGE thank you to all of you who posted today to get me in the correct direction for kits to repair my line if I cannot find a used one...I have a totalled 1999 model,but the previous owners simply cut the line when removing the engine and tranny rather than unhooking it...they also did the same with the AC line which has the valve to put your freon in with another electrical plug made into it on the metal portion of it. I had bought the valve replacement kit with the tool to remove the old valve,but stripped the ears off the valve leaving myself with an entire line,but no way to get the old valve out of it. If anyone knows where I might find this line in complete I will buy one. Sadly the 2 V6 cars I own with motors blown do not have the same line. I am in the process of wanting to sell the 1994 V6 car,which is white,hard top and body and interior is really great...anyone in the market for one to buy and build to what you'd like I'm only asking 1000$ for the entire car and I am in VA. Thanks again everyone for your links and information.