02 Camaro - Door Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 04:46 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default 02 Camaro - Door Speakers

So I think I've decided on which speakers I want to replace my blown door speakers... I just wanted to post asking for any tips or suggestions. I'm basically wanting to replace with speakers that won't blow again. Here's what I'm looking at.

Amazon.com: Infinity Reference 6032cf 6.5-Inch 180-Watt High-Performance Two-Way Speakers (Pair): Car Electronics

Old 11-26-2011, 05:48 PM
I Like to Party

Infinity is a mint brand, also Pioneer and Alpine. Dont get any Sony Xplod, I made the mistake of installing some in my Explorer and one is on the verge of blowing.

Old 11-26-2011, 06:47 PM
2nd Gear member

I personally like my Alpine Type-R speakers, but have heard Inifinity is a good brand as well.

^ Pioneer for headunits maybe, but speakers, eh. Same with Kenwood for me.

Old 11-26-2011, 07:33 PM
In the Staging Lanes

i wouldnt personally. idk how good you really want but sound systems are my cup of tea. but Id go with some of these bad boys - Rockford Fosgate P1653 (09-p1653) 6-1/2" 3-way Full Range
I just got me a pair and there amazing!
or an component system but there kinda a hassle i think

Old 11-27-2011, 10:41 AM
3rd Gear Member

2kmaro- howd you go about wiring those speakers, seeing that the frontdoor has the 4wire-2 from deck and 2 from amp

Old 11-28-2011, 11:53 AM
In the Staging Lanes

CRISSIS
If you havent already bought the one you listed, you may research this a little more. I have a 98 with the monsoon system and 4 wire hookup in the door. The factory speaker was a 2ohm speaker and the first ones I bought did not sound right. They were regular 4ohm speaker. I tried fading to the front but ran out of adjustment. The volume from the front was just to low. A little searching on this topic will lead you in the right direction. I ended up buying a Ifinite Kappa speaker wich was a 2ohm speaker with crossovers. I cut off the factory connector from old speakers and soldered it to new ones. On the new ones i seperated the tweeter from the woofers and used the crossovers on the tweeters only. You should be able to find detailed info on this from this site in an old thread. The infinity Kappa has been obsolete for some time now, but did a quick check on ebay and found a few still kicking around. Hope this helps

Old 11-28-2011, 02:06 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by Kopack2007
CRISSIS
If you havent already bought the one you listed, you may research this a little more. I have a 98 with the monsoon system and 4 wire hookup in the door. The factory speaker was a 2ohm speaker and the first ones I bought did not sound right. They were regular 4ohm speaker. I tried fading to the front but ran out of adjustment. The volume from the front was just to low. A little searching on this topic will lead you in the right direction. I ended up buying a Ifinite Kappa speaker wich was a 2ohm speaker with crossovers. I cut off the factory connector from old speakers and soldered it to new ones. On the new ones i seperated the tweeter from the woofers and used the crossovers on the tweeters only. You should be able to find detailed info on this from this site in an old thread. The infinity Kappa has been obsolete for some time now, but did a quick check on ebay and found a few still kicking around. Hope this helps
Haven't bought them yet. I appreciate the info and will do more research. May hit you with some questions. Thanks!

Old 11-28-2011, 05:52 PM
In the Staging Lanes

its pretty simple actually, do you have the monsoon sound set up? if so idk how those are wired up.

I cut off the factory connector from old speakers and soldered it to new ones. thats all really, im pretty sure it was the red/black combo on the right side of the old connector. If im remembering this right.

Last edited by 2kMaro; 11-28-2011 at 05:55 PM.
Old 11-28-2011, 09:07 PM
3rd Gear Member

yeh i`ve got the monsoon 4 wire setup.. thx anyways, i know they are 2 ohm for the bass and 4 for the tweeters but i`ve yet to see a replacement that is all in one like the factory speaker

Old 11-28-2011, 09:52 PM
In the Staging Lanes

were is the amp in the monsoon system located?

Quick Reply: 02 Camaro - Door Speakers