82-92 Wheels, Tires and Exterior

body kit on third gen

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 10:41 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default body kit on third gen

I found this in my travels and i thought it was really actually nice...I am currently redoing the body of my car an di was thining about adding this to my project since my rear and front clip are badly damaged.... this kit i found the cheapest at grounddynamics.com just wanted to pass it on to anyone else looking... So let me know what you think i am planning on putting on a 4 to 5 in cowl hood with a high rise camaro spoiler...and please no comments like body kits suck on third gens cause its my car not yours i am just looking for some open minded people to comment

[IMG]local://upfiles/8014/B27C79C819534B54802F1BD91407F861.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-20-2008, 10:07 PM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: body kit on third gen

I actually like the front end with the body kit, but the back rear end looks a little low for me. To put it modestly, ground clearance issues? lol

Old 03-21-2008, 08:26 AM
In the Staging Lanes

I was thinking the same thing actually the rear is low looking and side skirts on the non painted one looks different then the one on top i think the one on the top picture has the Iroc/rs body kit to it also inder it so i was playing with the idea of doing just the front clip and doing the side and rear clips of an Iroc...

Old 03-25-2008, 12:20 PM
3rd Gear Member

you are kidding right?

crap like that is meant for Hondas and Toyotas. those both look like automotive abominations

Old 03-27-2008, 02:59 AM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

That looks good. Nice lines. If it was more extreme, I would say it is ricer-ish. But it looks good.

Old 03-27-2008, 11:52 AM
In the Staging Lanes

I think it looks great, One of the best body kits i've seen for third gens

Old 03-27-2008, 05:02 PM
In the Staging Lanes

now I remember putting something in the first post about ignorant people who think body kits are just for ricers....and yes I say ignorant because you may like stock and others may like slightly modified its called personal prefrence...and thank you to the few who actually either agreed that the kits okay and to the one who put intelligent input about the body kit.[/align]

Old 03-28-2008, 08:27 PM
1st Gear Member

well, some people dont even realize that the third gens had a "body kit" called ground effects!!! Iroc-z is the most notable...i am just curious as to why you are wanting a body kit anyways? is it cheaper than going iroc or what? i personally think the thirdgen is practically perfect...But mine doesnt have any damage. exploring options is fun, just like the T/A i saw with lake pipes...wierd yes, angry sounding...Yes...

Old 03-28-2008, 08:32 PM
Ninja Administrator

the front is almost 4th gen looking. not a fan of the back though

Old 03-29-2008, 04:20 PM
In the Staging Lanes

well i am looking at this kit because it is not as radical as some of the others and both my front a rear clip are damaged....i also own a 86 berlinetta and i was trying just to make it alittle more unique since i am redoing everything on the ext and int. kinda to make it a show piece just for local shows nothing over the top...and i am not a fan of the rear either....

Quick Reply: body kit on third gen