82-92 V8 Tech V8 Camaro General Topics.

where to get parts

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007 | 12:47 PM
|
Default where to get parts

Ibought an 84 camaro that has a sb 350 and might need parts like a flywheel or whatever. Idon't know any info on the engine just that its a sb 350 so how do I know what year and stuff to get the correct parts. also I am going to change the oil. I guess its been sitting for a while and the oil is super blackish grey...any suggestion on what to do to make sure all the gunky stuff is out without taking too much stuff apart and what weight oil should I use?????????????

Old 10-26-2007 | 01:53 PM
Default RE: where to get parts

Easiest thing to do is to head down to the nearest AutoZone, Advanced Auto Parts, Napa, etc. store. Any parts tore will do. Go up the counter and ask for the parts you'll need, give the guy the specs you DO have, and he will be able to tell you the rest. I'm assuming it's not a stock engine, so you may have to look around online.

Just ask around local parts stores, search online databases, and, of course, check these forums.

Old 10-26-2007 | 02:54 PM
|

Thanx and no its not stock

Old 12-06-2007 | 02:14 PM
In the Staging Lanes

you might have a cracked head or block. look for a stamped number on driver side back of the motor. this will be your casting number you can find the parts you need after you run that number. it will tell what year the motor is etc.... it is easy to find a link to research your casting number.