82-92 V8 Tech V8 Camaro General Topics.

v6 to v8

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 02:04 PM
Default v6 to v8

alright so ive written about how i plan on dropping my 305 from my 1990 camaro into another 3rd gen camaro (not sure on exact year yet i need to pick it up from my brother). but the thing is im told that it was a v6 and it dont got a motor in it so i was gonna to like i said drop in my 305 til i get something bigger. this is a manual and some people say i may have some troubles can some one explain why and how to prevent trouble with it.

thanks to anyone who even trys to help its all useful

Old 08-02-2009, 04:49 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Is you 1990 a manual also? If not your going to need parts off a 305 manual car. YOu will need the bell housing fly wheel and clutch maybe the slave cylinder. How do you plan on handling the Fuel injection? We can not really help with what to do to make the fuel injection work until you tell us what year you are going into. If you are going to try to make the fuel injection work you may need a system that is designed for a V-8 manual. Or you can buy a intake and carb to convert it over to non-computer. but then you are going to deal with the fuel pump. There are a lot of ways to do what you are asking but they will all need some reserch. The more research the less problems.

Old 09-25-2009, 04:37 PM

I am doing the same thing with my 87' v6. I have a 90' complete good running carb'd 305 out of an RS. I got it for free.. well i traded something for it.. anyway... I am reading almost everywhere that the 305 is crap so I was wondering: if I can get a good 350 block real cheap what can I use from this 305? what can I not use? I am seeing 350 blocks for around 100-150 sometimes on craigslist.. so.. you can see what I am thinking here. What year 350 should I look for? Any suggestions relating to my my thought process and direction? Thanks guys. I love Camaro's.. My first car was an 87' LT. I drove that thing all over the country and partied like a rock star right after high school.. good times .. those were the day's