82-92 V8 Tech V8 Camaro General Topics.

snake skin green paint job... your opinion

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 02:11 PM
Default snake skin green paint job... your opinion

hey guys. i'll give sumthing to read about that you can cuss at or love. i have a 84 standard coupe with the carb 305 in the shop now. i bought it last month for 1000 bucks. it runs, no bad rust, body is straight, and everything is there. i think i did very well on that. anywho, i read through a old hot rod magazine while waiting for primer to flash off and i saw the green slime corvette. i thought that color was beautiful! i was going to go with black but when i saw that i quickly changed my mind. then i just saw the new viper with the new snake skin green pearl on a web page and i'm loving this color more. my question is, would this color work on a third gen? i think it will but i would love to hear opinions from others just to see what kind of reaction i would get. it won't look like it it got painted in japan either. that green with black torque thrust 2's, 5 percent window tint, while keeping everything original. reject or righteous? i would love to hear opinions!

Old 10-14-2007, 02:43 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: snake skin green paint job... your opinion

well maybe u should post pics of that corvett do so we can make out what ur car would look like

Old 10-14-2007, 10:48 PM

here's sum pics of the new viper snake skin green and the mallet corvette. i think the black stripes on the viper look good. i would make them a lil wider if i did that tho

Old 10-14-2007, 10:59 PM
Ninja Administrator

it would work fine. but im not a fan of green cars.

Old 10-14-2007, 11:54 PM
1st Gear Member

dark british racing green is cool! white or black strips look good with it
[align=left] [/align]

Old 10-15-2007, 06:31 AM

i'm a big muscle car era fan.i liked all the bright colors on the classics.my dream car is a dodge challenger that's sublime green with a blackvinyl top and black stripes.i just like green on anything. anywho,that dark british racing green is almost like the color i used on my dakota when i painted it. or maybe i saw a bad picture of it. i've also been reading that these green's on the vette and viper are candy jobs and that worries me cause i have little experience spraying candy

Old 10-15-2007, 02:32 PM
1st Gear Member

yea i think it would look good.plus you can see a black third gen anywhere but a green like that your be the only one

Old 10-15-2007, 02:56 PM
1st Gear Member

I say go for it, I think it would work out good. There's a bright yellow third gen around here and it looks really stupid but I think that color Green with stripes would be cool.

Old 10-15-2007, 05:53 PM

Its an alright color but i wouldnt put it on a third gen.
im painting my 87 2.8 Sunburst orange with silver stripes down the sides. I put an iroc hood on it and its already starting to look sick. I just wont open the hood lol.

Old 10-15-2007, 10:19 PM

it would definitely be one of a kind. i've searched and searched on the internet to find a bright green third gen andwas not successful. i called the paint store today and they have the code in their computer for the chrysler snake skin green. it's a tri-stage job, i expected that.for the base, pearl, and clear in a gallon set up, i'll spend around 900 bucks on just paint! glad i have the labor thing covered, ha ha! i think it will be money well spent. i'll try and get sum pics posted of how the carlooks right now. i'm right in the middle of major body work. if everything goes right, i believe i can have the car ready to paint in about a month, month and a half.i'll try andget those pics tomorrow

Quick Reply: snake skin green paint job... your opinion