82-92 V8 Tech V8 Camaro General Topics.

need help

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 09:17 AM
Default need help

i just bought a 84 z28 with a 350. my goal is to get around 350-400 horsepower can anyone give me advice on how to do that. also im new with carberators mine keeps reving high at times when im driving and starts roasting tires when im stopped lol, can anyone tell me how to tune the carb so the idle stays where it should

Old 12-10-2008, 11:02 AM
1st Gear Member
Location: IN, or hell whichever, wait, its too cold to be hell
Default RE: need help

the carb problem is really odd. I dont think I have heard of one revving up out of nowhere. are you sure it isnt just sticking? I had a 71 nova that the accelerator cable frayed on and It got stuck wide open and would do the tire roasting you described after I got it stopped.

Do you know anything about the motor you have? any mods done to it already? I think the base hp you have will be around 280. throw a decent carb, headers, intake, exhaust and you might be able to get up to 330 or so. that is just basic bolt on parts most anyone can do. How much are you looking to spend. if you want to get up to 400hp start thinking about sub-frame connectors.

Do you know if the motor is stock or a replacement? I dont think that the 84 z28 came with an 350 so I would say it isnt original, but I hardly know everything