82-92 V8 Tech V8 Camaro General Topics.

I'm having serious car troubles!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 06:10 PM
Default I'm having serious car troubles!

I own an auto. 1990 camaro rs. I swapped the FI 305 for a carb. 350(I know dumb mistake switch carb for FI, didn't know anybetter). It has a rebuilt chevy 350, 1405 edelbrock carb, 2701 intake manifold, new plugs and wires, new battery, alternator, fuel pump, fuel regulator, air filter, fuel filter, oil and filter. When I first had the problem the only symptom I had was whenever I pushed the gas pedal all the way to the floor while in drive it would bogg down a little or just make a much deeper noise, if I were to let up just slightly the I would go just slightly faster and deep noise would disapear. About 2 weeks ago I could only drive normal for about 10 min. and then it would randomly bog down and die, once it starts to bog down it just keeps getting worse. And now today it has become so bad that I could only make it 1 mile down the road and it boged down and died, after it died i could barely get it to start again, now while in park if I hit the gas it immediatly bogs down and dies. I still have the electric fuel pump that is made for the FI so when the new engine got put in we just installed a pressure regulator, pump and regulator are both new so it can’t be either of them because it worked perfectly fine the first 6 months I got the new engine. It might be but I doubt it would be a stuck float in the carb. cause it is also very new. I thought maybe it was the exhaust but I also doubt that now too cause, lots of exhaust is easily blowing out the tail pipe. Timing is good. What could be go wrong would it be possible I have a short or a computer problem or something?

Old 09-11-2007, 09:24 PM
Overdrive Member
Default RE: I'm having serious car troubles!

You still have a computer? Never rule out exhaust because you think you see lost coming out. It can be plugged and have too much back pressure and still come out.

Old 09-13-2007, 01:21 PM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr
Default RE: I'm having serious car troubles!

Every couple of months you will need to go to advance auto or other parts store to get the check engine light reset. Do you have the proper pressure adjusted for the carb? Do you have a fuel smell in the exhaust? You might need to adjust your carb as well, I bet you are running rich from the fuel pressure.