82-92 V8 Tech V8 Camaro General Topics.

flap door for heater

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 11:25 AM
Default flap door for heater

a guy put in a crate motor for me( 88 iroc)and never put the heater control valve back on and my two hard vacuum lines are just hanging in the engine bay.every thing on this car is brand new and it is starting to get old people taking your money and doing a half *** job.i dont have tpi anymore so i cant go to the intake and i don't have the heater control valve so how can i bypass this to make my flapper door to work.i have been on every camaro web site i no of so i hope someone here can help me i would really appreciate it,because i live in a small town and they do not no much around here.

Old 03-20-2007, 04:03 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: flap door for heater

well the doors on the air diverter box are controlled by vacume. You will need to have a source to use for that. just plug one line and try the other on the vacume source, and if that dont work, swap lines.

Old 03-20-2007, 05:03 PM

the two hard hoses are connected to the heater controls i need to no where to put them, are they both vacuum ?if so can i tee into the carb?

Old 03-20-2007, 08:28 PM
2nd Gear member

Your best bet would be to get an electric vacuum pump and hide it in the fender near your brake booster, that way you won't have to rely on manifold vacuum, which can get pretty shady when you get into heavy power numbers, especially on carbed motors.

Old 03-21-2007, 10:48 AM

thanks,i think i will do that,do you no if both of these hard lines are for vacuum?

Old 03-21-2007, 11:19 PM
2nd Gear member

Not off the top of my head, I don't. I would have to take a good look at my own up close to tell you, and I don't have the car handy right now. Sorry.

Old 03-22-2007, 10:11 AM

thanks anyway,i guess the gm dealer is going to get deep in my pocket this time

Old 03-22-2007, 11:50 PM
In the Staging Lanes

If the intake you are using has a provision for a vacuum fitting for power brakes all you have to do is find a fitting that has a nipple for the large brake booster hose and a small nipple that t's off for the small vacuum lines I don't know where they are sold , but i have seen them on vehicles before. The vacuum pump is a great idea especailly if you are running a big cam but they are costly and take up quite a bit of room.

Old 03-23-2007, 04:09 AM
Overdrive Member

Find a vacuum source on the manifold and use that with a T going to a resivour. One hard line went to a vlve that cut off the hot water to the heater core. The other was for the door.

Old 03-23-2007, 07:14 AM

thanks,but they never put my heater control valve back on,i have a hose from heater core to radiator ,heater core to water pump will i have to buy one for this to work?do you remember which one goes to the door?the straight one or the elbow one? Thanks

Quick Reply: flap door for heater