82-92 V8 Tech V8 Camaro General Topics.

dash

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 08:25 PM
Default dash

i am in need of getting my dash redone or buying a new one but cant find where to have mine done or to get a new one. if anyone has a name of a good place that will redo a dash that would be my first choise but will get a new one if it will save me money.

any help would be great thank you.

Old 06-30-2008, 12:12 AM
Overdrive Member
Default RE: dash

watch ****ebay or craigslist.org A local upholstry shop may be able to recover it also but it might take some talent to do the speaker areas.

Old 06-30-2008, 07:19 AM
4th Gear Member

Never heard of anyone getting a dash recovered. It was made from one piece molding process. Used ones will in most cases be cracked also, due to age.

Old 06-30-2008, 12:42 PM
Overdrive Member

ORIGINAL: blackz87

Never heard of anyone getting a dash recovered. It was made from one piece molding process. Used ones will in most cases be cracked also, due to age.
Well now you have. Had a pick up in the bodys hop we were working on and sent the dash out and it was recovered. Looked perfect. Also was very easy for them because the speaker grills in the dash just had the holes to start with instead of the slots like Camaros have.

Old 06-30-2008, 01:19 PM
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MadMikeZ28

Well now you have. Had a pick up in the bodys hop we were working on and sent the dash out and it was recovered. Looked perfect. Also was very easy for them because the speaker grills in the dash just had the holes to start with instead of the slots like Camaros have.
Pick up dash recovered, but not a 3rd gen gen one. I am still waiting.

Old 06-30-2008, 01:58 PM
Overdrive Member

You did not say anything about a Camaro dash. [sm=chairshot.gif]
The Pick up dash had more contours in it so a Camaro dash would be easier since it is more flat. Also the dashes are made by the same process.

Old 06-30-2008, 05:57 PM
4th Gear Member

You did not say anything about a Camaro dash. [sm=chairshot.gif]
The Pick up dash had more contours in it so a Camaro dash would be easier since it is more flat. Also the dashes are made by the same process.
Last time I checked this was a Camaro Form. Someone didn't ask question about a pickup truck dash repair that you replied to.[sm=groupwave.gif]But it wasabout a 3rd gen dash and you did not help out with your truck reply. So keep on doping.

Old 06-30-2008, 06:16 PM
Overdrive Member

Well open your little mind. Its not limited to only a pick up dash being the only dash that can be recovered. Just because you never heard of it means Nothing. I am sure there has been and will be a lot of things you will never hear of or see in your lifetime. You will just have to learn to live with it, or better yet, kill yourself now. None of your post here lent anything to the thread. [sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 06-30-2008, 07:26 PM
4th Gear Member

Well open your little mind. Its not limited to only a pick up dash being the only dash that can be recovered. Just because you never heard of it means Nothing. I am sure there has been and will be a lot of things you will never hear of or see in your lifetime. You will just have to learn to live with it, or better yet, kill yourself now. None of your post here lent anything to the thread. [sm=badbadbad.gif]
Just like this your rant of yours,which means [sm=happybounce.gif]nohing like a lot of your replies.

Old 06-30-2008, 08:04 PM
Overdrive Member

Well lets see now. I suggest a couple of places to watch. Sure we all heard of sh!tebay but not every one knows of craigs. And I brought up a valid idea of an upholstry shop recovering it.
Your statement. mr obvious, deserves a great big, DUH! No Flurkin shnit!
Crawl back into your hole [sm=loser.gif]

Quick Reply: dash