82-92 V8 Tech V8 Camaro General Topics.

any information will help

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 02:50 AM
Default any information will help

i have a 1991 camaro rs and im putting a JET PERFORMANCE STAGE 1 CHIP in it i was curious on how to do this i have never replaced one of these and information would help thank you

Old 10-16-2011, 07:55 AM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by dmurray1990
i have a 1991 camaro rs and im putting a JET PERFORMANCE STAGE 1 CHIP in it i was curious on how to do this i have never replaced one of these and information would help thank you

do you already own the chip? If so, try their support dept.

If you have the 305 TBI then don't get your hopes up about big performance gains.

After all is said and done, with the chip, headers, open air element, advancing timing, 93 octane etc, you still make less power then Honda and Toyota minivans

it's just the times with the smog era engines from the 70's/80's (your car fits in there)

Old 10-16-2011, 08:56 AM
4th Gear Member

Just make sure that you are grounded with no possibilty of static ectrectricity when installing the chip per the instructions. No instructions... do not attempt. Also don.t expect any noticeable perfomance gains with a stock TBI 305.

Old 10-16-2011, 12:11 PM

its only bumps up the horse power by 23 but im planing on putting in a new exhaust i was just wondering if there was any other parts i could buy with out having to take the engine out cause i wanna keep the 305 im just trying to bump up the horse power and torque for something fun to drive

Old 10-16-2011, 01:49 PM
4th Gear Member

Jet chips .." its only bumps up the horse power by 23". Dream on..... you will be lucky if the car runs with that chip.

Old 10-16-2011, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by blackz87
Jet chips .." its only bumps up the horse power by 23". Dream on..... you will be lucky if the car runs with that chip.
I'm only going by the website

Old 10-17-2011, 07:50 AM
4th Gear Member

So you read it. Now you re going to join the Horsepower by addition club. I see you plan on new exhaust & other bolt ons (unkown), so here is a example.
Jet chip.......23 Hp
exhaust system..25HP
headers............20Hp
K&N filter.............7HP
under drive pullies...10HP

Total claimed by MFG...85 HP added to your 170 HP stock LO3 TBI 305=255 HP

So go ahead and claim you have a hot car....Good luck, but in the real world it dose not work that way. You would be lucky with the above add ons to gain a total of (est) 25 HP if that.

Old 10-17-2011, 10:24 AM
4th Gear Member

do you own the chip?

I'm sorry but you aren't going to see those types of gains. If you want to believe, then may i suggest 3 dyno pulls prior to the chip and 3 dyno pulls post chip

when you read posts which appear that people are trying to rain on your parade, it's not due to envy or jealousy. Your vehicle is 21 years old. Almost anything you can imagine has been tried and discussed till the cows come home.

It's up to you if you want to heed the advcie of experience or learn the hard way. The choice is obviously yours.

It's an L03 engine. Accept it and just make the car better looking.

Old 10-22-2011, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by blackz87
So you read it. Now you re going to join the Horsepower by addition club. I see you plan on new exhaust & other bolt ons (unkown), so here is a example.
Jet chip.......23 Hp
exhaust system..25HP
headers............20Hp
K&N filter.............7HP
under drive pullies...10HP

Total claimed by MFG...85 HP added to your 170 HP stock LO3 TBI 305=255 HP

So go ahead and claim you have a hot car....Good luck, but in the real world it dose not work that way. You would be lucky with the above add ons to gain a total of (est) 25 HP if that.

like i said i was kinda new to the older cars im not trying to to mkake a drag car out of this im just trying to make the vehicle nice im not only trying to make my car have a bunch of bolt ons and i would put the 350 in but no one i know has a garage to do this but thank you for the ideas i will proably end up doing most of that

Old 10-22-2011, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by torque_is_good
do you own the chip?

I'm sorry but you aren't going to see those types of gains. If you want to believe, then may i suggest 3 dyno pulls prior to the chip and 3 dyno pulls post chip

when you read posts which appear that people are trying to rain on your parade, it's not due to envy or jealousy. Your vehicle is 21 years old. Almost anything you can imagine has been tried and discussed till the cows come home.

It's up to you if you want to heed the advcie of experience or learn the hard way. The choice is obviously yours.

It's an L03 engine. Accept it and just make the car better looking.
yeah i wasnt expecting a gain of 23 hp thats why i signed up for this forum to get ideas and help i really do wanna swap it out with a 350 but i dont exactly have somewhere i can do that and im not paying some guy to do it for me and charge rediculous prices i was only looking for some ideas i figured there would be some experienced guys that know what there talking about and i could care less about someone talking down my ideas im just trying to ask for some friendly advice.... but from the description fromit can increase it up to23 and provides better fuel economy thats the biggest reason why i wanted to buy the chipadn the new exhaust i want to put in is to replace a rusted out oneso i figure if i have to replace it get a decent one and i plan on putting most of my money into making the car look nicer im not trying to make it a drag car.

Quick Reply: any information will help