82-92 V8 Tech V8 Camaro General Topics.

86 Camaro w/ 305

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 07:24 AM
In the Staging Lanes

"he could buy a 360 thats been"

****he could buy a 350

Old 05-05-2010, 09:32 PM

so let me get this straight your a 15 year old kid and your asking me if ive ever rebuilt a motor? if thats the case i been working on cars since you were ****ting in diapers kid. ive rebuilt everything from a 2 cycle snowblower motor to a 10L detroit diesel v8. theres a difference between you and i, i go cheap i dont buy high end parts and i deffinitly dont buy crate motors that are prebuilt for me. i buy old used motors and cheaper parts if i need anything new. a junk yard motor aint gonna cost you but a few hundred bucks rebuild kits only cost around 500 maybe more depending(for those that dont know these are thing you buy that gives you all new gaskets seals and depending on the kit valves pistons and other similar engine internals) all i was saying if hes gonna do a swap might as well make it worth the touble and go big or go home is the usual motto used in this situation. but hey this post was about giving ideas and not bad mouthing people. so lets stop this dumb crap and act like gentleman. hey so how bout this you give this fine man a suggestion Mr baller

Old 05-05-2010, 10:02 PM
August 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by ballerxforxsho
wa-howw. really? stroke a 305? have you ever built a motor? for the price of the **** you just listed he could buy a 360 thats been punched .60 over. their for making it a 358, plus up grades. and upgraded heads? do you know how much just new heads cost? plus pistons? save up a little more and get a 383, 396, 454 or even 502? you are F******g dumb for even mentioning a 383 (stroker motor which he'd have to build) 396, 454, or 502. 1. no one just throws away 396's like its their day job. 2. a 454 would be wayy to much power for the car with out making frame supports or even possibly a 4 link. 3. a 502 crate motor from GM is 20,000$. so for saying "i say save yourself some money drop about 2-3000" your retarded. plus money to build frame supports and build/buy a 4 link set up, the cutting out the rear end to instal it. honestly im sorrry. but you have no clue what your talking about. he said he wanted some nice upgrades not a 502. then you talk about changing gears? if he was gonna put that amount of power in it i dont think he'd be running a 12 bolt rearend. more like a ford 9. seriously, know what your even saying before you hit the keyboard. stay off the keyboard and dont even write back saying that im wrong and blah blah im a punk. your just trying to seem like you know what your talking about. sp put down the HotRod magazine you've been getting these stupid ideas from, and learn something.
Wow, Your the one that's "Looking For 92-82 Camaro!" This is a friendly forum, to share ideas with one another, no attitude needed, so maybe you'll think before you hit the keyboard next time. And not everyone has plans to make a 10 second car, many of us are just looking for fun project cars, and in that case there is no problem with doing a 350. By the way I think your looking for an 82 - 92 Camaro.

Old 05-06-2010, 08:47 AM
In the Staging Lanes

i didnt say their was a problem with doing a 350 swap? hes talking about stroking a 305? i said, a 350 swap in my earlier post but ok. hes just talking about this guy building a 502? pointing the finger at the wrong person.

as far as mylittle86, cheap parts break, build it once, buy it once. dont skimp when it comes to preformance. stick with your junk yard motors. it doesnt affect my life. when you peice of **** breaks down on the side of the road i guess all i could say was told you so. and sweet, you've built motors in your life! ive never bought a crate motor. but idk may people that have a spare 502 block sitting around. again he was looking for small preformance mods. not a rebuild of the entire car.

Old 05-06-2010, 11:37 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Well, that was a lot of fun. Kinda hard to believe that we're all in the same happy Camaro family, isn't it?
Originally Posted by verce86
just wondering what kind of performance mods i could do to get some serious power out of this 305. not familiar with chevy engines at all, but most certainly willing to learn. any info and help would be greatly appreciated. thanks
Everybody has their own idea about what "serious power" is. Here's a link on how to get 325 h.p. out of your 305. https://camaroforums.com/forum/82-92-general-10/325-hp-305-must-read-1860/
Is that the kind of serious power you were after? Doing that requires a complete rebuild, and replacing a lot of your existing (and restrictive) engine components. But that means spending a bit of money. Now, if you started with a cheap junkyard 350, and rebuilt it spending the same amount of time and money on it, that built 350 would run circles around the built 305.

Old 05-06-2010, 12:25 PM
In the Staging Lanes

im not saying junkyard motors cant be built, but you cant just buy a junk yard motor and expect preformance out of it

Old 05-07-2010, 03:19 AM

listen i never told him to build a 502 i never told him to do squat i told him hey heres some ideas. seeing how the first thing everyone wanted to say was swap to a 350. all i was saying was if your gonna do that why not go bigger. youre right though cheap parts break easier. usually though if something is bought brand new weather its a cam from comp or its a cam from napa theres no real difference in them. its all in the name really its not like i go to a place and buy remanufactured **** to through in a race car thats a no go. thats like sinning or something. where as yes my circumstances force me to be cheap i try not to sacrifice quality as much as possible. i just dont buy the big name brands cause usually the extra money your spending on that is just the name. 502s aint that super hard to fing they you just got to know where to look along with 454s and all that other crap. i gave the guy like three options. told him two different was to build the 305 and then said if youre gonna do a swap make it worth it. reread the post bud. and i told the man the truth if he were to stoke the 305 it would need either a new trans or a rebuilt one and more than likey a new rearend so why not through some beefier gears in it.

Old 05-07-2010, 03:20 AM

oh and by the way thank yo 69 thats a real good link i hadnt seen yet.

Old 05-16-2010, 10:18 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 86CamaroZ28
Wow, Your the one that's "Looking For 92-82 Camaro!" This is a friendly forum, to share ideas with one another, no attitude needed, so maybe you'll think before you hit the keyboard next time. And not everyone has plans to make a 10 second car, many of us are just looking for fun project cars, and in that case there is no problem with doing a 350. By the way I think your looking for an 82 - 92 Camaro.
he's a teenager so he knows every thing lol. for the bang for your buck decent performace that will get to dust ricers and just cruise id go : 350 TPI, smaller pulley sistem, electric supercharger,hooker hedders,aftermarket heads, flomaster or borla catback exhaust. youl prolly have like 2500-3k into it but your not lookin for a dragster right?