82-92 V8 Tech V8 Camaro General Topics.

69 camaro LS1

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 04:21 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default 69 camaro LS1

Has anyone actually done a first gen camro ls1 swap... im getting close to the point where im gonna need to start getting parts if im goin through with this. Does anyone know exactly what ill need, and where i can get it... any help would be greatly apperciated. thanks

Old 03-01-2007, 06:26 PM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr
Default RE: 69 camaro LS1

I put a carburated motor in a S-10 once, it was origionally fuel injected. So it is backwards of what you are doing. I needed: corect engine mounts, new radiator and afuel pump regulator. Thetruck had EFI so the fuel pump was in the gas tank, I had to plug that into the ECM (loads o fun) and it hed too much preasurre so I got a mechanical fuel pump regulatorto lower the furl preasure. The truck needed new wiring harness, I didnt get one, I wired a line to the dash to dissable the fuel pump when the car wason but not turned over. The A/C needed to be dissabled as the brackets were completely different. The new engine came with all the standard stuff for brakes and steering, so they were all swapped. Both engines were out of anautomatic so there were no problems connecting the two and the mounts when on with no problems. You will need to get juice to the LS1 and control the fuel flow, this is usually done via an ECM. I would check with Painless Wiring for the harness and brain. Check for the fuel pressure requirements of the new motor and get the right pump for it, you may have to install a fuel pump into the tank (?). I had to get the chiltons manual for both years and the carb book as well, you would need the EFI one, unless you get an intake manifold for a carb; then the wiring issues wouldnt be issues at all. I hope this helps.