I need some history on a hood for a third gen camaro

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 06:57 PM
Default I need some history on a hood for a third gen camaro

I purchased an 85 Iroc for a parts car awhile back and it has the iroc hood with the louvers but is lifted 2 inches such as a cowl hood. it is fiberglass. i have searched the internet and can only see hoods like it in images, but cant find one for sale. i am interested in selling the hood but if i cant ill just put it on my 89 rs. so what do you think the hood is worth and is it rare?

Attached Thumbnails I need some history on a hood for a third gen camaro-copy-aarons-pictures-001.jpg  
Old 04-23-2011, 07:24 PM
Banned
Location: Raised in Tilton NH now residing in Kings Mountain KY

I've seen them for sale occasionally on ebay and craigslist. Most people really don't care for the looks of them, me included so I think it would be kind of a hard sell. If it's in excellent condition I'd start at about 250 knowing that I'd probably accept an offer between 150 and 200. Just my opinion. Good Luck.

Old 04-23-2011, 07:32 PM
Banned

I found this on the Harwood site. 519.00 new and this is a bolt on. Yours appears to be a pin on which are usually quite a bit less expensive.

Harwood - The Most Respected Name in Fiberglass!

Old 04-24-2011, 01:38 PM

Thank you, it has the latch and the bracket mounts for a bolt on, i think whoever had it before just put pins in it. im not sure tho, and i tried to sell it on craigslist for 200.00 and no reply so im just going to put it on my car, and as for the looks i like it. but yes, thank you for the info

Old 04-24-2011, 04:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by aaron.smith
Thank you, it has the latch and the bracket mounts for a bolt on, i think whoever had it before just put pins in it. im not sure tho, and i tried to sell it on craigslist for 200.00 and no reply so im just going to put it on my car, and as for the looks i like it. but yes, thank you for the info

If you like it that's all that really matters. It's paid for too so that will save you replacing it. Frees up money for something else. And there's always something else, LOL.

Old 04-24-2011, 11:52 PM

Yeah, no kidding.

Old 04-26-2011, 12:18 PM
1st Gear Member

thats the Daytona hood, people sell them left and right on TGO for a little over $100

not very many people like the looks, i think it looks ok as long as you have the real Iroc louvers attached to it(only problem is most people are not willing to pay the money for the actual louvers if they didnt already have them.

Old 04-28-2011, 10:09 PM

ok. thank you for the help. yeah, the louvers are outrageously expensive. but, i think i am going to just put it on my car and save the time of trying to sell it.