Engine HELP -- 1989 IROC-Z Camaro 305 TBI

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 10:24 PM
Default Engine HELP -- 1989 IROC-Z Camaro 305 TBI

Swapped plugs, wires, cap, rotor, and (separately mounted) coil. Also swapped fuel filter and has a new fuel pump.

Had trouble starting for the longest let alone having her stay running. Changed and tightenedthe firing components (plugs, wires, etc.) and she ran like a champ. Idle a bit funny but she wouldn't bog out. Once in drive/motion, she would occasionally die. Normally this happened during acceleration. To add, I have little to no power. Can't even spin wheels in my wet driveway. Had her serviced and told it looks like she has mosture in the cap; been raining all day. Told I'd have to deal till it dried up. Went on and had the tachometer give out for a second till I acceleratored. She then bogged out right there and the needle buried itself in the red. Pop to nutral and she wouldn't even humor click. Came to a stop, put her in park, and nothing still. Disconnected the battery and plugged her back up and the starter cranked. Tested the plugs with a spark tester; the light was everything but (easily) visible.

I've found oil leaking/coating the bottom (inside and out) of my distributor.

Other then not hurting, could this, with a new seal, fix my problem? Do you all think there could be more wrong and/or things for me to check/fix/replace?

Any advise and questions are welcome and much appreciated.

Thanks.