Interior needs Design

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 03:17 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Interior needs Design

Well, Im New to this forum. My Name is Aj and I Recently Picked up a 86 Iroc-z, a Couple problems. One of the main Problems right now is my T-roof.. Yes it leaks and i end up with Lake superior In my car in the morning. Anyways the car is starting to get a bit funky, this is probbaly my 5th time driing it out. Rubber Seals, They are Very expensive but it's got to be orderd. The Interior isn't the Cleanest but there is room for improvement. Im going to start gutting it out. by the way its BAIGE interior so Stains are Really noticeable. Im going to Get some Black Vynal (maybe) Or carpet and start re-doing it, With new Seats, rear seats, and everything thats baige is going black.

My Questions, Is there any good Canadian Sites out there to get some Great quality Racing Seats and what Can i do for the rear Bucket Seats? Im Getting my car painted(im doing the work) Black with some Airbrush work. This car dosn't have it's orignal engine, a 350 is in her now along with some Minor Port/polish work from the previous Owner. Has some Performance Rubber and a couple other goodies.

Also Transporting my car from Point A to B kinda Broke my exhaust. Taking it on and off the Transport Truck. It has stock Manifolds With no Cat, Straight back to the muffler(which is leaking) Then out duel. I have planned to get some shortty headers With an X-Pipe then out. Im Still Getting used to this Amazing car, Any Great tips would be awesome! I'll Post some pictures some time soon!

Old 07-07-2007, 07:40 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Interior needs Design

to be honest, i've looked and didnt find any Canadian manufacturers for racing seats. however, ebay usually has some really good deals for seats. as far as interior color goes, good job on getting rid of the "palamino" interior. a tip to save some money, instead of getting new plastic panels, clean then and paint them with vinyl paint, that you can get at crappy tire. it works really well. hope that helps.
ps. where in canada do you live?

Old 07-08-2007, 03:29 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Thanks for the Reply. Thats what i intend to do, rip out all the old-gross Baige.. It's not really the cleanest but black will go really nice. i got a couple idea's for the interior. Yeah im going to use Krylon Plastic Paint and re-do all the apolistry. I Live on the east EAST coast of Canada. Labrador is were i live. To be more specific i Live in Labrador West... If your from Canada you might have heard about IOCC?

Old 07-08-2007, 10:35 PM
1st Gear Member

IOCC? No can't say I have, I'm a westerner haha, Calgary Alberta

Old 07-09-2007, 07:15 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Iron Ore Company of Canada. Very Large company. Anyways im looking to re-do my entire interior of my car. Any suggestions?

Old 07-13-2007, 08:15 AM
1st Gear Member

Just installed a shortshifter, and I am not reinstalling my console for comforts sake. The interior looks vast without that huge plasic barge, real Euro, and the shifter looks like a racing piece. Need some carpet tho...

Old 07-13-2007, 08:55 AM
1st Gear Member

I just removed my console, and love the room and look, tho I need carpet or something....

Old 07-14-2007, 02:01 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Question, How do you remove the center consol?? i need to take up all the carpet and i can't because i can't get the consol off.?

Old 07-16-2007, 12:35 PM
1st Gear Member

first remove your shift ****, then open up the storage console and remove the bolts in there, then remove all the screws for your radio and heater/ac control trim panels. then removed the upper part of the console (black plastic section), then disconnect the wiring from the bottom side of the trim panels. then remove the bolts holding you radio and heater controls in, undo the bolts holding the bottom of the console to the floor and pull it out

Old 07-18-2007, 10:22 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Alright, Thanks! This is a Standerd by the way with a Kenwood Deck. i will give it once i get all the floor welded up. It's going good so far!! i will have some pics of the process later. Its a very tedious, step by step process.... Not only is my car gutted inside for new interior it is also prepped for paint After the inside is done. It looks pretty horrible inside and out, But will look Real nice. Airbrushing will really Bring it out! will get pics!

Quick Reply: Interior needs Design