What can go wrong when a car sits?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 02:51 AM
Default RE: What can go wrong when a car sits?

Update!!....Ok so here it goes..i decided it was the ECM and i was kinda right. The car will now fire up but i am not running off 6 cylenders...i had to have the gas pedal wide open for it to fire up after i put the new ECM in. So i kept it running at like 2500rpm and it was spittin and spuderin and then my buddy said my right manifold was cheery red! so i let off the gas and it ideled for a bit but then it died. So here is my new thought..and correct me if im wrong. The old ecm for some reason was not telling the injectors to sprey fuel..or was spreying too much in and there for fouling out some plugs..this in turn is not letting it run the right way..but why did my manifold turn red? I know like on 4 wheelers and stuff it means your running lean or your exhaust is not plugged...so could my cat be plugged up?..if so its gonna get hollowed out.....so it runs..kinda..plz tell me what you think..my plans are to change the plugs and c if that helps..and if my manifold turns red again ill look to see if its plugged up..GIVE ME YOUR IDEAS please..any help is great! Thanks guys

Have a Goodie

Gurney